Any other guitarists/musicians around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about Hendrix? I've never heard the Star Spangled Banner played better.

I would prefer that Hendrix to have played "the minstrial boy"

But that's just me.

I for one,prefer music- as writen.......If Hendrikx ever wrote anything..(which is may be not be the case, but his music has never been to my taste)..then I'm all ears,mabe I'm dumb.

Hendrix was awesome...even if he played a wrong note, he'd bend the hell out of it until it was right with something. And his rendition of both Curtis Knight's "Driving South" and Muddy Waters' "Catfish Blues" are amazing.

Paula didn't tell me about this thread, but I happened to find it anyway. :D

I've been playing guitar since I was 8, played alto sax in middle school and high school, and tinker with drums, bass, and piano.

I'm in a couple of bands. One gigs but never practices, the other practices but never gigs. Both are mostly cover bands, though the one that practices but never gigs does have a whole bunch of original songs and we usually through about 10 orginals into a 4 set gig.

My real passion is recording though. I've got a pretty nice studio setup in our house. Paula can attest that I've spent far too much time and money on all my stuff, but it keeps me out of trouble for the most part. :)

As for my guitars, I don't have pictures of a few of them. I have been doing some selling and trading lately because I looked around and had 14 guitars and only played about 5 or 6 of them, so I sold and traded off some of the stuff that I don't play anymore.

That leaves me with these:

1992 PRS CE24:
PRSA1.JPG

1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard:
LP1.jpg

1998 Peavey Wolfgang Standard (left) and 2001 Peavey Wolfgang Special Flametop (right):
BothWolfies1.jpg

A pair of Warmoth Strats ( www.warmoth.com ):
BothWarmoths1.jpg

And an Agile AS820:
AgileA1.JPG

I also have a 2002 American Fender P-Bass, and three acoustics...a mid 90's Fender Catalina, a 2001 Taylor Big Baby, and a 2001 Dillion Ovation copy.

For amps, I've got a Peavey Classic 50 212 and a Peavey Classic 30 that I use almost all the time. I've also got a THD Univalve that doesn't get played much at all and is sitting in it's box waiting for me to sell it.

And I've got a set of Pulse drums that Paula bought me for my birthday a couple years ago.

Awesome axes, Prages. That Paul especially is drop-dead gorgeous. And that PRS...man, I've always wanted one. Not gonna happen though, considering my current finances and all that.

The Peavey Classics...are those tube, or solids?

I bought a Jazzmaster new in 69 and still play it and the 5 string banjo, but I quit the band scene about 10 years ago.

Prages, Holy ss.....go...d...f...I..wow...dude, nice guitars..
I faked my way through the school band playing drums and never learned to read music. I regret it now. But I've learned blues scales and can pick up a lot of songs I hear. I have a Peavy HB Tiger and a nice copy of a Strat...and a decent playing acoustic. Playing music, diving or surfing and sex.....nothing better in life....(back before I turned 50 they weren't in that exact order though.....surfing was first...haha)

Reggae Joe:
Awesome axes, Prages. That Paul especially is drop-dead gorgeous. And that PRS...man, I've always wanted one. Not gonna happen though, considering my current finances and all that.

The Peavey Classics...are those tube, or solids?

Thanks. The PRS is my oldest guitar. It was the first nice guitar I ever owned. The Les Paul I just picked up in March. I had gone to the store to sell some stuff and they had that sitting on the shelf. It was too good a deal to pass up, especially since I'd wanted a Les Paul since I was a teenager and never found a good deal on one.

The Classics are tube amps. 3 12AX7s in the preamp and 4 EL84s in the power amp. They are a steal used. I got the 50 for $350 and the 30 for $200. They sound great. The clean channel isn't quite as glassy as a Fender tube amp, but the overdrive channel kills most current Fender tube amps. They are almost like the clean of a Fender with the overdrive of a Marshall.

Prages:
Thanks. The PRS is my oldest guitar. It was the first nice guitar I ever owned. The Les Paul I just picked up in March. I had gone to the store to sell some stuff and they had that sitting on the shelf. It was too good a deal to pass up, especially since I'd wanted a Les Paul since I was a teenager and never found a good deal on one.

The Classics are tube amps. 3 12AX7s in the preamp and 4 EL84s in the power amp. They are a steal used. I got the 50 for $350 and the 30 for $200. They sound great. The clean channel isn't quite as glassy as a Fender tube amp, but the overdrive channel kills most current Fender tube amps. They are almost like the clean of a Fender with the overdrive of a Marshall.

Les Pauls are great axes. Although it's not specifically a Gibson, I'm hoping to get an Epiphone Bob Marley Les Paul sometime this year. They're priced pretty well, and they can do everything from sweet singing to outright wailing.

My amp right now is a Fender Ultimate Chorus, 65 watts/channel, onboard reverb, flange, chorus, and delay. It's surprisingly warm and full sounding for a solid on both channels--overdrive sounds like a Blues Deville's natural distortion if you crank it and add a bit of dirt to it. I'm debating adding an extension cab to it too, for when we play bigger venues, but it projects really well regardless.

My dream amp, though, is a Mesa Road King. I got to play one about three months ago, and it was sweet as hell. Barring that, I'd like to get either a Super Reverb, or a custom Vibroverb.

Back
Top Bottom