Any other guitarists/musicians around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reggae Joe

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy all...just curious to see if there's any other guitarists/musicians lurking the depths of the boards. I've been playing 16 years (12 professionally), and I'm more or a less a diehard Fender junkie. :14:

Anyone? Bueller?

I used to play some bars, frat parties, weddings...Haven't in years but still sit down everyday and play my 26 year old Takamines...6 and 12-string. Also have an old Ensonic ESQ-1 sampler that I haven't played in a long time. I have recently had a strong desire to set it back up. Perhaps I will. Can't say that I will be rusty because I have always been rusty on the keyboards...I can chord them but no fancy stuff. Guitar...I'm alot more comfortable with. I write alot of my own songs. Don't do anything with them. I just enjoy writing. I agree with you on the Fenders. My cousin swears on the Les Pauls but they are a bit to heavy for my taste...except when Neil Young cranks up his ancient Les Paul...Neil is a god...But an old Strat is a wonderful sounding instrument...So smooth...

Do professional drummers count??!!

:wink:

---
Ken

How about sound guys? Does that count for anything? I've worked professionally for over 15 years.

Professional bass player here. Been at it for, oh my gosh, thirty years now!

Mo2vation:
Do professional drummers count??!!

:wink:

---
Ken

He said MUSICIANS. :) <Ducks for cover>

question: what sort of people hang out with musicians?

answer: drummers

:)wink:)

i am an amateur guitar player, been playing since 1982. had a couple of bands
in high school. had a couple of bands in community college. had a band that made
a little money for a couple of years, but then decided to finish college. haven't played with a band since 1999.

i play for my own amusement, and sing (poorly). but love it.

H2Andy:
question: what sort of people hang out with musicians?

answer: drummers

:)wink:)

i am an amateur guitar player, been playing since 1982. had a couple of bands
in high school. had a couple of bands in community college. had a band that made
a little money for a couple of years, but then decided to finish college. haven't played with a band since 1999.

i play for my own amusement, and sing (poorly). but love it.

Okay, I can't resist it.

Question: What were the drummer's last words before getting kicked out of the band?

Answer: "Hey guys, look at the song I just wrote!"

Cool to see other musicians of all sorts (yes, including sound guys and drummers). I've been playing for 16 years, all of it self-taught. I do love Les Pauls, but I agree with Rawls in that they're heavy as hell to play. Makes you wonder how Jimmy Page, who weighs about 100 lbs. soaking wet, managed to wear one throughout Led Zep's career.

I'm the proud owner of five guitars:

--Fender Standard Stratocaster, modified with extra switching
--Fender Fat Strat Stratocaster, with extra switching and new pickups
--Fender 1960's reissue Telecaster
--Fender Concord II acoustic
--Estrada nylon-string (groovy little guitar I got in Mexico)

I use a bunch of effects, and go through a Fender Ultimate Chorus combo amp.

I started out in about 1966 playing bass guitar...played for about 10 years at parties and a few professional gigs. Since then acoustic guitar. I have an Ibanez, blonde with a cutaway.

I like to play old Jethro Tull, acoustic Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Little Feat, and some country and a whole lotta blues.

Q. So how many musicians does it take to change a light bulb?

A. Six. One to actually change it, and five to sit around and say, "I could do that better."

Cheers,
Doug :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom