Any other guitarists/musicians around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a light weight Les Paul now. I forget the exact name...but I got one for my son about two years ago. Plays the same.

That sounds about right...Gibson started making their Pauls somewhat chambered in an attempt to bring the weight down.

That said, I'd still love to have either a '59 original or reissue, in either Heritage Cherry burst or Honeyburst finish. The Epi Paul, whenever I get it, will have to hold me over until then. It'd be a big adjustment for me too...I'm so used to Strats that it takes me a while to get used to the feeling of Pauls.

Reggae Joe:
I'm debating adding an extension cab to it too, for when we play bigger venues, but it projects really well regardless.
That's what the PA is for. You don't need to KILL it on stage.

If you're stage volume is too loud... you can kill the mix.

Think of the sound guy :wink:

howarde:
That's what the PA is for. You don't need to KILL it on stage.

If you're stage volume is too loud... you can kill the mix.

Think of the sound guy :wink:

Lol...we do our own sound, actually. We've got several PA rigs that we use depending on the size of where we're playing. I think my amp mic is starting to go, though, so I'll have to see what I can find at my local shop. I'd like to get either a Shure or Seinnheiser for it...they tend to have good signal capture.

An extension cab would be nice to give me a bit more presence, though, especially when we do outdoor shows or festivals. I'm not after a full-blown Marshall stack roar, thankfully...those wouldn't even fit in my car.

Reggae Joe:
Lol...we do our own sound, actually. We've got several PA rigs that we use depending on the size of where we're playing. I think my amp mic is starting to go, though, so I'll have to see what I can find at my local shop. I'd like to get either a Shure or Seinnheiser for it...they tend to have good signal capture.

An extension cab would be nice to give me a bit more presence, though, especially when we do outdoor shows or festivals. I'm not after a full-blown Marshall stack roar, thankfully...those wouldn't even fit in my car.
Seriously... You shouldn't need to add a cab. Monitors work fine. Very few bands that I have ever seen use remote speaker cabs, unless you want to be really freakin loud. Not even Government Mule (the loudest band I've ever worked with in my life) used remote cabs :wink:

I might have an SM-57 I could sell. I just sold off my whole rack to support my UW photography habit.

I'm actually looking to get rid of 2 Snakes - a few speaker cabs - some EV1502's and a few Yamaha stage monitors, and 2 18" 800w subs.

Govt. Mule were loud, all right. I saw them several years ago, and was deaf at work the next day.

The extension cab is just a pipe dream for now...but it's on my list of things to get "someday."

Impressive list of equipment you're getting rid of...you should be able to get something decent for all that. I'd ask for that SM87, but money's REALLY tight right now, unfortunately.

Peace out...

Back
Top Bottom