Any other guitarists/musicians around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the other side of the street - classical.

Woodwinds (clarinets, sax oboe) Currently working with a bass clarinet Quartet. Some really interesting sounds - sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.:huh:

Played clarinet with a semi-pro symphony for a number of years(best gig I ever had - learned lots in a short time) - now they are fully pro so I don't quite qualify! Do pit orchestras for musical theatre regularly - that's why the odd combination, you need to be able to play anything.

Couldn't imagine making a living in classical, the competition is fierce and the pay is worse than poor.

Q. Why are orchestra intermissions limited to 20 minutes?

A. So you don't have to retrain the drummers.

Played sax in school marching band & then took up guitar. Been playing now for 22 years. played in local bands for about 16 of those years, but dont have the time anymore & kind of lost the want.

What did the drummer get on his IQ test? Drool

sorry but I had to jump on the drummer bash wagon LOL ( my old drummer is still one of my best friends )

H2Andy:
question: what sort of people hang out with musicians?
answer: drummers
:)wink:)

I'm strictly amateur, just play guitar for fun.
With that in mind, :526:

Q: How do you slow down a guitar player?

A: Put sheet music in front of them.

I play alto and soprano sax, mostly 50's jazz and some dixieland

not professionally, just for fun (meaning I am not that great)

I've been playing bluegrass banjo for about 34 years. Played professionally for 5 years, and played in several bands (bass, guitar, banjo). Got tired of hanging out in bars, the drugs and traveling. When our drummer OD'd on heroin, I had enough. Any more, I am content with playing on the front porch and usually get a small crowd of people in the front yard listening.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

Hubbie plays it all. Mostly guitar for the bands he plays in. He's on here some times, but he spends most of his time over on harmony central talking up the freaks over there and leaves the scuba planning to me. I'll let him know that you are asking and maybe coax him over.

Just starting to play acoustic bass, the Tacoma Thunderchief, which I love. I envy folks with the natural ear; I'm having to approach it like an engineering discipline (math and repetition.) Although I'm surrounded by many, many musicians, they just can't understand why I can't understand when they answer my questions, "Just listen to it, and if it doesn't sound right, just play it differently." You natural talents have no idea how frustrating that can be...

Q. How can you tell the stage is level?

A. The drummer drools out of both sides of his mouth.

WaterWayne:
Q. How can you tell the stage is level?

A. The drummer drools out of both sides of his mouth.

:lol:

I've been playing guitar since I was 14, I played in a small band in high school, then in college in the 70s, I played in a 2 person Simon Garfunkel type setting and still love their music. I've been playing in church for over 20 years and since that almost makes me old, I'll tell you I still enjoy it. I have a couple of guitars, my favorite is a hand made guitar by Dell Langjans, he has built them for plenty of stars. Phil Keggy, Thom Bresh, Jerry Reed and Wes King plus many others. He has his shop in our town, he is a nice guy and makes a great sounding guitar...expensive...over 20 year old air dried rosewood makes up all of the guitar but the ebony fret board and the Engelman Spruce top, mine has a bearclaw finish on the top, abolone all around the perimeter and the rosette around the sound hole.

Guitar for 14 years now. Played all the way thru high school then went on the road for a year. Lots of fun but I don't remember much of it. Got back played pro in a few local bands. After a bunch of my buddies got signed www.hawthorneheights.com I figured it was time to become a closet musician. Hey that is about the time I took up scuba. A little over 3 years ago.

Guitars:

1994 fender custom shop strat with EMG active pickup and piezo acoustic pickups
1999 fender 60's strat custom wound seymore duncans and piezo acoustic pickups
2000 fender cusom shop 60's strat
2002 Jaros do a search you will love them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom