Any updates on Atom 3.0?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am already diving with the (virtual) Atom 3.0 :D
I will ask Doug if we can post an image of it....

Doug said .... goo ahead.

So, here is the Atom 3.0 :D

Atom3_first%20look.jpg

oooppppsss ... I am almost in deco. Time to start my ascent.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hot damn! Thanks for the glimpse, it looks sleek.

And the fact that you're working on simulations for it bodes well for its release before my trip in October.

Yeah, this watch/computer looks GREAT! Would love to get a highlight of its features :)

Before I veer away from the topic of the OP, I got this bit of information when I installed the Oceanic software 2.28 (beta). Within the Change Log, it mentioned Atom 3.0 compatiblity issue is solved.

So, from there 1 thing is sure, Atom 3.0 is real. :D
Release date, as the OP has read in the other thread, hopefully it's end of Aug.

Comparable models that could serve as a wrist watch aren't many. The Geo 2.0 seems to be pretty good, cheaper than a Atom 2.0. Suunto will be your best option if wrist style watch is priority #2 or #3, and if you are comparing feature per feature then it'd come down to D9, since only D9 has transmitter connection link. Of course with D9, you get the bonus of a compass.

My suggestion is simply to get either a D4 or a Geo 2.0 for now and use it as a backup computer when Atom 3.0 is out.

Hope that helps.

PS. HOLY!!!!!!! I'm droolinggggggggggggggggggggggggg over Atom 3.0!
Hopefully with the release of Atom 3.0 Oceanic will make gain more market share. OCEANIC, there are divers WORLDWIDE, not only the western countries!

My suggestion is simply to get either a D4 or a Geo 2.0 for now and use it as a backup computer when Atom 3.0 is out.

Hope that helps.

I'm "fortunate" in that I won't need one until October, so I feel comfortable holding off for another month or two. Honestly, the only thing that might make me look away from the Atom 3.0 would be the sudden emergence of Atomic's perpetually coming-soon computer -- heck, from what I've read there of first impressions and OLED screens, I'd even reluctantly consider opting for a console style.

If neither is released in time... well, I'll be in a pickle (and will be back here soliciting more suggestions). But I have faith in Doug and DiveNav! "Soon", right? :biggrin:

PS. HOLY!!!!!!! I'm droolinggggggggggggggggggggggggg over Atom 3.0!
Hopefully with the release of Atom 3.0 Oceanic will make gain more market share. OCEANIC, there are divers WORLDWIDE, not only the western countries!

I couldn't have said it better. From what we've been able to see, it looks damn swanky.

I can sell you a brand new in the box Atom 2.0 with full factory warranty if you want one. If you want to pay the shipping, I can have it overnighted to you before the weekend. Let me know.

,...... if you are comparing feature per feature then it'd come down to D9, since only D9 has transmitter connection link. .........

NOT correct ..... you forgot the OC1 and the Zen Air .... see comparison

I have an OC1 i'll give you a great deal on. Complete kit, new in box, with full factory warranty, can ship it to ya tomorrow :)

NOT correct ..... you forgot the OC1 and the Zen Air .... see comparison

Ahh, the Zen, I forgot about that one since it is not as popular as Suunto or Oceanic, well at least in Indonesia. Hell, I've only seen 2 people using Oceanic in here.

Anyway, I omit OC1 because feature wise, Atom 2.0 & OC1 is pretty similar, except OC1 costs way more than Atom 2.0. If the OP has the $ to burn, go get the OC1, it looks nice, much macho than a D9. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom