Any women up for a Girls Dive Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
We need to get Indydivegal and Jeepchick in on this too!
Ber :lilbunny:
Good idea!

I've got a young friend who's recently (last year or so) really gotten into diiving, she hasn't ever been in the water with out her husband along so I think she'd really enjoy a weekend like this too.

Ber Rabbit:
We need to get Indydivegal and Jeepchick in on this too!

Absolutely! I've lurked a bit in that insanely long thread.... they sound fun. I briefly posted with Jeepchick today too. I might be going on the same FL trip with her.... so we can get our AOW. Can you believe... I've been diving OW only for 10 years???

Queen:
Good idea!

I've got a young friend who's recently (last year or so) really gotten into diiving, she hasn't ever been in the water with out her husband along so I think she'd really enjoy a weekend like this too.

The more the merrier! Bring her along!

Let me say... once you start diving with people other than your "primary" buddy, or significant other... you realize that you can do more than you think on your own. Maybe I should rephrase that and say it gives you such a feeling of independence and a (scuba) self-worth. LOL

It was kinda like an awakening for me the first time I dove without Rod... and IT WAS FUN!!!! :wink:

erparamedic:
Absolutely! I've lurked a bit in that insanely long thread.... they sound fun. I briefly posted with Jeepchick today too. I might be going on the same FL trip with her.... so we can get our AOW. Can you believe... I've been diving OW only for 10 years???
Certified in Jan 1993. AOW last year. :D

I have been watching this thread and hoping you would crack on the women only. I understand you might not want to dive with your sig other.

But why can't your new dive buddy be male? (perhaps some other weekend)

I understand that being with a same gender group my be more comfortable for some, but isn't the end goal really to dive, and not exclude?

ohmdiver:
I have been watching this thread and hoping you would crack on the women only. I understand you might not want to dive with your sig other.

But why can't your new dive buddy be male? (perhaps some other weekend)

I understand that being with a same gender group my be more comfortable for some, but isn't the end goal really to dive, and not exclude?
Sometimes it's just fun to hang out with the girls. Fellas like to have the occasional "guy only" thing where they can let their hair down...so do we. It's only one weekend so it shouldn't be a big deal.

What Queen said - for me a lot of the appeal is for a break from the guys. Don't get me wrong, guys are great, but some times it's nice to be testosterone free for a bit. It's nice to have some one say "that stinks" when you ruin all your nice looking nails putting on that wet suit instead of getting told to "stop acting like a girl". Sometimes it's just nice to be able to be a bit girlie! Most of us girl divers are fine being "one of the guys" most weekends. We just want a chance now and then to be total girls.

(That said, I did crack with my S.O. and say he could show up for a dive or two on one of the days, but had to leave us ladies alone the rest of the weekend. I don't have any desire to join in on his guys weekends, so I think it's only fair that I get some girls out time.
We live less than an hour from Gilboa, so it's easy enough to do that. Likewise, if any of the ladies coming from further away bring husbands or boyfriends, I don't think anyone is going to have a huge tizzy fit. The men can buddy up together and leave us girls to be girlie for awhile. :D Lady's please correct me if I'm off base on this and I'll withdraw these statments.)

If the planets align I was thinking about my daughter. I would need several things to work out to make a drive to Gilboa. I wouldn't serously consider ruining your plans because I do understand. (Even though I was involved in a scandal the other way once, nothing legal just a pain) She is only Jr. Certified and can only dive with a parent or instructor, and is limited to 40'

I do hope you girls have a good time.

ohmdiver:
She is only Jr. Certified and can only dive with a parent or instructor, and is limited to 40'

I'm hoping to go and if I do then there will be an instructor present. There's one of your planets trying to come into alignment :D

I would love to go along with you guys when you plan this! I'm a fairly new diver and so far I've only had one buddy that I dive with regularly. I've been told it's good to branch out and dive with all kinds of people, that's the best way to learn, so it's probably time for me to get a little out of my comfort zone! I've come to rely on him to be my underwater tour guide! I need to figure some of this out on my own! Let me know when and where and hopefully I can make it! It seems like there aren't a lot of girls in this sport, this would be a fun time I think!

Back
Top Bottom