Anybody use the GoPro HD Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used both the standard and HD version. I had much better luck with the standard def version. Both dives I had the camera to 160'. The standard version worked fine but the HD version was having problems with the sensor and low light and was turning the light from our cannister lights red, and then eventually everything would go from red to blue and back and forth. I ended up returning it and using a Kodak Zi8 in an ikelite housing which works great.

Costco has them for 99.95! I have had good luck with the SD version, but will let you know about the HD soon:wink:

If anyone uses the HD version totally successfully (from a technical point of view) down to the 100ft-130ft region, can they please post here? I've seen these things in action and so far I'm less than impressed.

If anyone uses the HD version totally successfully (from a technical point of view) down to the 100ft-130ft region, can they please post here? I've seen these things in action and so far I'm less than impressed.

Not sure what you mean by " totally successfully"

But here is the Go pro at 108'

I meant that the machine does what it's supposed to do, without dropping picture, freezing, or any other undesirable. I have never so far seen one of these HD cameras work throughout a dive.

Thanks for the video. I've only watched part of it so far (terrible bandwidth issues here) but it looks pretty good. Though looking at it, is it using the standard Go Pro housing? The problems I've seen all seem to relate to the standard housing contracting under pressure and putting pressure on the camera, causing it to malfunction.

Back
Top Bottom