Anyone dive without a snorkel on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never wear one when diving, unless like Uncle Ricky said above "the dive plan calls for one or I want to wear one" which translates for me to almost never. However, I do keep one in my bag because I have been on a couple boat dives that the boat crew / dive master required each diver to have a snorkel. I usually take it off and stow it on my belt when I get to depth so it doesnt get in the way. I know how much gas I am going to require even with a long wait to get back on the boat (wont run out of gas) so I keep regulator in mouth until on top step unless I take it out to talk to my buddy (or in calm conditions). Usually getting back on the boat after a drift or deep wreck dive is accompanied with the rolling of the boat in the ocean and getting dunked while standing on the bottom of the latter while using a snorkel isnt the best idea.

Just my opinion and opinions are like azholes, everyone has one and they always stink!!!

Carl

Jersey Chris:
I was wondering if someone could post a picure of what one looked like. I have heard of them but I am not sure what they look like. :D
forget the real snorkel, I am getting one of these!
http://www.snorkeldirect.com/aqsnsn.html

Jersey Chris:
I was wondering if someone could post a picure of what one looked like. I have heard of them but I am not sure what they look like. :D

I think this is it.....and I heard they come in various colours and lengths :lol:

big%5CBlueGardenHoses.jpg

Where can I get a tech snorkel?

TT:huh:

i keep mine behind my Knife strap but only while working its quite good for hitting people with (just to get their attention) well it is better than using the knife

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom