Anyone dived the U-1105?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAK52580

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

A friend of mine and I are planning to make a couple dives to the U-1105 this late spring, early summer. I was looking to maybe get some trip reports or tips for diving it. I do not need all the disclaimers because I do have a rough idea of the conditions that we could face. We are both experienced, over 100 dives, many in zero viz conditions. Hope some people on here can help. Thanks.

Marc

MAK52580:
Hey all,

A friend of mine and I are planning to make a couple dives to the U-1105 this late spring, early summer. I was looking to maybe get some trip reports or tips for diving it. I do not need all the disclaimers because I do have a rough idea of the conditions that we could face. We are both experienced, over 100 dives, many in zero viz conditions. Hope some people on here can help. Thanks.

Marc
I've been thinking about it too.

Here's some stuff I've found:

http://www.marylandhistoricaltrust.net/u1105.html

http://www.co.saint-marys.md.us/recreate/museums/ppl.asp

There was some discussion on TDS about diving her but I don't think the trip came together.

cornfed:
There was some discussion on TDS about diving her but I don't think the trip came together.
I've been in a couple of discussions about it. Personally, I need to stop talking about the U-1105 and start diving the U-1105.

Don Burke:
I've been in a couple of discussions about it. Personally, I need to stop talking about the U-1105 and start diving the U-1105.

That's what I'm sayin' I've been talking about it since last summer. It's about time to Cowboy Up.

I'm still in if this thing ever comes together...I just don't have the time to organize it. I did notice that Atlantic Edge in Gaithersburg, MD mentioned doing a trip to her in their mailer this month, but their website doesn't mention it. Maybe it would be easier to just jump on their trip?

They're still trying to sort out all the details but they said it should be some time in June.

cornfed:
They're still trying to sort out all the details but they said it should be some time in June.
Hmmm.. That might just work out pretty well. I'm going to email the local list..

From doing my research it definitely sounds like a muck dive. Sometimes they are the best ones... It would be fun either way. Does anyone know where to find info on any of the other Chesapeake Bay dives. I have heard the S-49, and a sunken Civil War prisoner ship. Anyone have coordinates or websites on these?

Marc

MAK52580:
Hey all,

Marc

it is a muck dive. i have been so far as to be tied to the moring bouy and not get into the water because of the rough conditions at the lower portion of the bay. I have done several dives with the maryland historical society who frequents the wreck. I was actually supposed to pull the bouy this winter on that dive described above. Thay say that vis is usually 2-15ft. It is about a 70 ft. dive in bad current and low vis. However it is not an extremely challenging dive. I should be on the wreck many times this summer. If anyone would like to go with me that would be great. I can also get you into contact with people who know the wreck well. E-mail me for more info at jaydee197@yahoo.com J.D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom