Anyone dived the U-1105?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don Burke:

U-Boat at Piney Point, Mouth of Potomac
Viz: Mask (some have claimed to have found it by bumping into it)
Accessability: County Road
Cool Stuff to See: Mask
Overall Rating: ****ty.

Well, it's still a U-boat. If anybody is putting a trip together, I'm willing to sacrifice a weekend at Ocean City to check it out.

Mike

mwpowell:
U-Boat at Piney Point, Mouth of Potomac
Viz: Mask (some have claimed to have found it by bumping into it)
Accessability: County Road
Cool Stuff to See: Mask
Overall Rating: ****ty.

Well, it's still a U-boat. If anybody is putting a trip together, I'm willing to sacrifice a weekend at Ocean City to check it out.

Mike
Yeah, it's time to get my U-1105 ticket punched. I'd like to do it soon, before I need to be running tourists on dive trips.

Is there any advantage to a particular time of year?

mwpowell:
Why not sacrifice a weekend and do the U-85 off Hags Head? I agree that the U-1105 sounds cool and I'd definately like to see her. However, I'm not really going to rearrange my schedule or skip other good dives because the conditions sound questionable.

Based on the reports I've seen about the boat, I would rather go dive a nice reef off the Florida Keys. I like to see what I'm diving, don't really care for deep uncomfortable (cold) water that has little or no viz. Diving should be fun, not work.

cornfed:
Why not sacrifice a weekend and do the U-85 off Hags Head? I agree that the U-1105 sounds cool and I'd definately like to see her. However, I'm not really going to rearrange my schedule or skip other good dives because the conditions sound questionable.

You're right, I would rather dive Hags Head (haven't been there yet). I live in Maryland, so the U-1105 is applealing because it's closer. That being said, I've heard that most of the U-1105 is buried, and only the conning tower remains sticking out of the muck. I'll ask around the local shops, and get back to the board.

mike

There is a shop in Soloman's Island (Sea and Cycle or something) you might want to talk to. Sorry, but I don't have any contact info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom