Anyone doing the Warrior Dash - Texas on May 1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James R

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Should be a great time... Warrior Dash Texas

Janet and I will be running the 930am wave. Just wondering if anyone else on here is gonna partake in the fun :D

Yup, my wife and I are running and I think my daughter will be, too (my son-in-law was signed up, but I think he now has a conflict).

Indeed, it sounds like a blast! There will be a LOT of people there. It was originally a one day event, but expanded to two to accomodate everyone who wanted in. Now, they are completely full again and are having to turn away folks.

This is why we signed up for the first wave...by later in day one, and man day two, the course will be hammered and way harder. Looking forward to a great time.

Im a fan of the mud run myself.

not going to make this one. but it looks fun

Hey, James!

Was that a riot or what!!!

My wife, daughter and I were in the 2:30 wave on Saturday. We had a BLAST! What an unusual event...the hint was when we stopped at a Subway for lunch on the way down and I stood behind a 6 and a half foot Navi (big blue dude from "Avatar", complete with pointed ears, long braid, tail, and loincloth). I said, "You must be heading for the Warrior Dash." He was.

And it just got more interesting after that. 9000 runners, 14 obstacles (most involving copius amounts of mud), and some really crazy times. I documented it with a "helmet cam" strapped to my head!

We'll be going back next year, I think.

Hey, James!

Was that a riot or what!!!

My wife, daughter and I were in the 2:30 wave on Saturday. We had a BLAST! What an unusual event...the hint was when we stopped at a Subway for lunch on the way down and I stood behind a 6 and a half foot Navi (big blue dude from "Avatar", complete with pointed ears, long braid, tail, and loincloth). I said, "You must be heading for the Warrior Dash." He was.

And it just got more interesting after that. 9000 runners, 14 obstacles (most involving copius amounts of mud), and some really crazy times. I documented it with a "helmet cam" strapped to my head!

We'll be going back next year, I think.

Guba,

Did you get any video footage of the Navi with your helmet cam?

It was honestly a bit easier than I expected, but also more fun too. We had a lot of people in costumes in our heat which was great.

I'm planning on running it next year for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom