Anyone going to Egypt in August?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavemandave

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'll be heading out to Dahab in Egypt in August for my first ever diving experience. I'll be there on holiday for 2 weeks staying with Blue realm dive club and will be doing my open water and advanced open water courses. I can't wait!

Would any of you have any good tips or advice for me? anyone else out there in August? thanks! :cool2:

Take plenty of sunblock, it is damn hot in August. Drink plenty of bottled water every day, several litres.

If you have anything that uses AA or AAA batteries, bring them with you, I recall paying $15 for four AA batteries a few years ago in Sharm, I know I was ripped off but I had forgotten my NiCads, no choice but to pay up.

Other than that enjoy, chill out and don't drink too much Sakura

thanks, yeah i didn't think it would be that hot (30c maybe).. but now hear it's acutally around 40s :shocked2: LOL

Anyway... the dive centre have done me a really good all in deal in resort. studio apartment with sky tv and air con, and 4-5 days for open water and 2-3 days advanced with all equipment hire etc, which gives me around 6-7 days to chill doing some snorkelling afters and do some wondering around and enjoy a few cold beers :cool2:

I'm defo gonna buy the course manuals before hand too to brush up on the theory before i get there (maybe if get through theory fast in resort, they'll throw in some extra dives for free?) lol.. plus it'll keep me busy and excited for August anyway :eyebrow: :D

I am beyond jealous. 2 weeks in Dahab is a long time, since you are already down there try doing a 1 day / 2 dive trip to Ras-Abu-Galum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom