Wanted Anyone got used tanks for sale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm starting to think I should only use AL 6351 tanks since no one else wants them and so they should be practically free :D
hey now, don't rob me of unusable scuba cylinders that I'm collecting for my future dive center!

I have four steel HP120s and four steel lp95s for sale in Detroit. They all have fresh hydro this year. They would be $300 each shipped to a commercial address or $550 for a pair. Add $10 per tank if shipping to a residential address.
I also have a couple of aluminum super 80s and a few regular aluminum 80s.
Those would be $180 each shipped to you with fresh hydros.
I have a pile of 2018 hydro aluminum 80s that I would do for $160 shipped.

PM sent - thanks!

Looking at wanting to get 2 more tanks. Anyone got any AL80s they are willing to part with?

Really need to know your height, what type of diving you'll do. Like if you're 6'2" you'll probably want a set of 120's... but 5'5" they'd be too long.

Diving cold? Full 7mm wetsuit? Drysuit? If any are yes then steer clear of AL tanks.. HP100's work great for 95% of the people out there.

And always get a pair of tanks.. you'll be able to do 2 dives and the characteristics won't change between dives. Plus it's usually less expensive getting 2 from the same seller than just buying 1 from someone.

Ivr
Really need to know your height, what type of diving you'll do. Like if you're 6'2" you'll probably want a set of 120's... but 5'5" they'd be too long.

Diving cold? Full 7mm wetsuit? Drysuit? If any are yes then steer clear of AL tanks.. HP100's work great for 95% of the people out there.

And always get a pair of tanks.. you'll be able to do 2 dives and the characteristics won't change between dives. Plus it's usually less expensive getting 2 from the same seller than just buying 1 from some

And always get a pair of tanks.. you'll be able to do 2 dives and the characteristics won't change between dives. Plus it's usually less expensive getting 2 from the same seller than just buying 1 from someone.
Mostly cold water, 5’10, 145. String bean type figure. 7mm wetsuit.

Ivr

And always get a pair of tanks.. you'll be able to do 2 dives and the characteristics won't change between dives. Plus it's usually less expensive getting 2 from the same seller than just buying 1 from some

Mostly cold water, 5’10, 145. String bean type figure. 7mm wetsuit.

I dont have much knowledge when it comes to cylinders. What’s the difference between steel and aluminum? I used to aluminum 80s for my check dives and pool so that’s what I am used to.
Steel cylinders will have much better buoyancy characteristics, and you will have to put less weight in your weight belt. Also, because the weight is distributed over the entire length of you back, you are going to find out they help a lot with your trim, especially at the end of the dive. Finally, steel is more durable than AL, and an HP steel 100 cylinder will hold 20 cuft more air than an 80 cuft AL cylinder of the exact size and diameter. Because of its strength, steel cylinders have thinner walls that can be filled with more air... its not a little... I hope this helps!

Have a look at these charts. I pulled them up from the website of XS Scuba. Look at the capacity, dimensions, and empty weight (@500 PSI) of the steel and aluminum cylinders. This will give you a LOT of useful information to make an informed decision. And TRY things out, nothing will replace experience. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• ALUMINUM Cylinders.png
    ALUMINUM Cylinders.png
    364.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Faber STEEL Cylinders.png
    Faber STEEL Cylinders.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 26
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom