Anyone have experience with the scubapro Evertec LT drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digdug87

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm thinking about buying a drysuit in the near future. One of the suits that I'm looking at is the SCUBAPRO Evertec LT drysuit. Does anyone have any experience with this drysuit? I'll just be doing general open water type of dives.

I just recently got one. First impressions are very good. I unfortunately do not have enough time in it to give a thorough evaluation. I am very satisfied so far.

I took the plunge and ordered one. It should be here next week. I've got a dive trip to Mermit Springs in a few weeks and that should be a good place to give it a work out. I'll review it after the trip.

Dove Mermet Springs over the weekend, 9/5, through 9/7, Did 7 dives in the new dry suit, I also got a few dives in the pool before the trip.
On first look, and first try on, the suit fit well, the only thing I wish was more of a custom fit was the neoprene feet/booties, as they are large. I did not have any issues with feet/booties though.

On the first pool dive I did not get the zipper totally closed, so I got some water in the suit. It was more of a seep than a leak, so it was not like the suit was totally flooded, just some water in the feet, up to maybe the shin level. On the second pool dive I did get the zipper closed and did not have any leaks, I just worked on getting use to the suit, and working on buoyancy control.

At Mermet Springs my buddy and I were both diving dry, and this would be our first drysuit dive without an instructor being around. We planned our dive to stay above 30 feet, and to work on buoyancy and just get used to the suits. Everything went well, and neither of us had any issues. We spent the rest of day working on buoyancy, weighting needs with different undergarments, and what undergarments are needed as the water gets colder.
After a weekend of diving, I’ve got no complaints about the drysuit. I dove in water that ranged from 83 to 43 degrees, in depths from 15 to 105 feet

Back
Top Bottom