Anyone have this happen to them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is that?

I'll take this one... here is just a few reasons why I won't ever shop at my LDS

1. Bad service.
2. knowlege is lacking.
3. doing buisness with yesteryears technology and equip.
4. horrible attitude.
5. they say one thing than do another.
6. they are a rip off on all items they sell.
7. they lack in product availability.
8. you can get far better service with some online stores that will actually take thier time with you and show you what you need.
9. much better prices can be had online
10. THEY DON'T VALUE YOU AS A CUSTOMER.

I have some more reasons if you are still unsure. LDS??? :no

Coral... i do agree with your points but i like to think we also all need a LDS for that age old problem of air and O2 fills.

i have one shop near us that i wont step foot in. all the other dive shops nearby say they are the best advertising they never pay for as their newbies wise up very quickly and move on

i support 2 down here, Frog Dive Scuba Centres (where hubby also works) and www.divetub.com.au (that is actually on the opposite side of the country!) but i get great prices, service and backup from both of them

they both know i send them business and as a payback i get great prices with the occasional freebie like christolube (or a version of it) or gloves :D

find another dive shop and when you do - speak loudly about what you like about them and let the dive shop know how happy you are with them.

CORALCRAZED,

Your experience with local dive shops is entirely normal. That is why I, with rare exception, go through internet dealers like LeisurePro.

Happy Diving,

I'll take this one... here is just a few reasons why I won't ever shop at my LDS

Fine, so I'll never shop at your LDS.

My LDS has great service, pretty good prices, great service, good selection, and great service. Oh, and the prices are pretty good too. (As is the service.)

If someone wants to say "don't buy anything from a crappy retailer" that's fine or if someone wants to say "don't overpay for your gear" that's fine too. But the overly general "don't buy anything at an LDS you can buy online" is simply asinine.

Coral... i do agree with your points but i like to think we also all need a LDS for that age old problem of air and O2 fills.

ok I have to confess... I am wrong about one thing. we do need those LDS for one thing 02 fills. :rofl3: darn it why can't I have Scubatoys down the street from me? perhaps its time to move.

well with a compressor, a 02 supplier and/or a booster you can do your own fills..... just dont let me live next door to you when you do :wink:

Fine, so I'll never shop at your LDS.

My LDS has great service, pretty good prices, great service, good selection, and great service. Oh, and the prices are pretty good too. (As is the service.)

If someone wants to say "don't buy anything from a crappy retailer" that's fine or if someone wants to say "don't overpay for your gear" that's fine too. But the overly general "don't buy anything at an LDS you can buy online" is simply asinine.

I agree totally... point well made. can you share who your LDS is I would like to see a good one for a change in the area. PM me if you wish

and....
no, you don't ever want to shop at MY LDS

well with a compressor, a 02 supplier and/or a booster you can do your own fills..... just dont let me live next door to you when you do :wink:

thats it I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow! now I don't even need that from them :D

I agree totally... point well made. can you share who your LDS is I would like to see a good one for a change in the area. PM me if you wish

and....
no, you don't ever want to shop at MY LDS

Are you in NJ?

Back
Top Bottom