Anyone know how to reach David Swain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HahHAHAH

Thanks guy. Need some added fun to the trip out there. Also thinking about making a geocache in Ft Wetherill someplace with an underwater slate for a log book. Too bad GPS's dont work under water.

Just wondering where The Newport Diving Center has gone wrong here? We do FREE fun dives have a good inventory, nice staff, and not far from the dive sites right on the coast. But we are not mentioned at all in any of this thread, just wondering what we have done wrong and that the only place seems to be GS and no one else?

Just wondering where The Newport Diving Center has gone wrong here? We do FREE fun dives have a good inventory, nice staff, and not far from the dive sites right on the coast. But we are not mentioned at all in any of this thread, just wondering what we have done wrong and that the only place seems to be GS and no one else?

Actually your shop is mentioned in post #16:

. . . Where will people go instead of OSS? I found the owner of the shop in Newport to be a bit rude when I was in there twice and I would rather not head back in there.

:confused:

"Actually your shop is mentioned in post #16:"

AND POST #20

Originally Posted by wilksoner

"the shop was liquidated and he lost the civil suit and there is a lot of back taxes u still have newport diving center"

Wow I missed it must have read through this to fast. Guess I was rude? for those who know me I do not think I am, also it may have been the last owner, I have found that allot. Also found someone else who mentioned us in post 20 rereading through it again.

For anyone that is interested. Dave's family is conducting a Scuba yard sale to
move the rest of the gear that is left form the store. I don't know what is available. I just offered to pass this news along. It will be held at the location of the Former OSS
shop in Jamestown, tomorrow, May 10 from 8:30 - 1:00.

urrrg, of course the one weekend I'm actually going out of town. Let me know if anyone wants to resell your yardsale finds to me!

Update
The planned yardsale at the former OSS has been canceled.

This is very interesting...reaches all the way to California

The EW, Bill Oliver was a student of mine in the very demanding and prestigious LA County Underwater Instructor Association course (UICC) in 1968.

Bill is very very bright and certainly knows diving equipment and diving equipment. He was employed by US Divers, Voit and Ocean Quest as a design engineer.

They have a winner in Bill,

sdm

Back
Top Bottom