Anyone tried carrying drysuit as aircraft carry on baggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippers are also pretty flexible in their unzipped configuration - you have to bend one side past 90 degrees to get them to "snap" between the teeth. Consequently, I leave the dry zipper open, but keep the plastic outer zipper closed to keep the suit together, Then with the suit rolled, and the arms wrapped around the ends, it's a pretty snug and stiff package that isn't going to be damaged in a carry-on.

Otherwise, I just wear it on board with my parachute, flight helmet, O2 mask and walk around bottle - especially on over water flights. Usually makes the passengers next to you delightfully nervous. "What? They didn't give you yours?"

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with a first time drysuit traveller. Would you recommend getting a "hard" suitcase rather than a "soft" one for added protection?

I think wearing it would generate more than 100ml of sweat inside the suit thus a stip search at the security!!

I think wearing it would generate more than 100ml of sweat inside the suit thus a stip search at the security!!

Well, just relax and try to enjoy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom