Anything Special About Drysuit Talcum Powder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve2000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just picked up a drysuit on eBay. I see a lot of adds touting drysuit talcum powder. Would regular unscented talcum powder do the trick?

regular talcum powder does the trick perfectly. my drysuit's 7mm neoprene and the thick stiff wrist seals are very tough to get on without powder, to the point i'd worry about ripping them. if it works for those seals it'll work for any.

honestly i've never even seen drysuit specific talcum powder. granted i only dove dry regularly for a couple years while in college, now my drysuit hangs in the closet most of the time... (subtropical climate)

I dive in a dry suit all year round in the UK (100 plus dives a year).

My suit has latex wrist seals and a neoprene neck seal and I have never had any problem using regular baby unperfumed / unscented talc. It is cheaper than buying talc from a dive shop.

Just picked up a drysuit on eBay. I see a lot of adds touting drysuit talcum powder. Would regular unscented talcum powder do the trick?

Absolutely!

Just make sure what you are buying is in fact talcum and not corn starch.

Pax,

I would get the scented one ..!!

You can buy tire talc at NAPA inexpensively.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom