AOW/Rescue Diver Not Respected

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tursiops. I spoke with PADI today, and as a self-reliant instructor, I am able to include the first self-reliant dive as an adventure dive for a student with less than 100 dives. However, if a student wishes to become certified as a self-reliant diver, then he/she must have 100 dives prior to the course starting.
Thanks for this. And then what happens if later on, after they have 100 dives, they decide they want to do the specialty? Do they have to do the first dive over?

Thanks for this. And then what happens if later on, after they have 100 dives, they decide they want to do the specialty? Do they have to do the first dive over?
I didn't ask that.

A diver's license must be renewed periodically, and can be taken away. It is indeed a license, not a certificate that one took a driver's ed course and has not driven since. Bad analogy. Try again.

It would be completely possible to pass the drivers test and have a license for the rest of your life without ever getting behind the wheel. Many people have licenses and seldom drive.

It would be completely possible to pass the drivers test and have a license for the rest of your life without ever getting behind the wheel. Many people have licenses and seldom drive.
Your license doesn't expire?

But can be renewed without written or practical test, indefinitely
Not in my state.

In CA, this is only true for those who is accident me ticket free on the last renewal period.
This is the Peoples Republic of California?

Back
Top Bottom