Apeks ATX50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Thinking about getting a ATX50 reg. But whats all this buisness about needed some reducers or something for the LP or HP ports?

One of the LP ports is 1/2", so you have to either use an odd-sized hose, plug it and use the other ports, or screw in an adaptor. Some shops in Europe will sell you a set with a 1st that has all standard ports.

Hi Scoobie,

Apeks use 3/8"UNF ports 3 off for normal hoses for dry suits,stabs/ wings, octopus and/or main reg
The other 1/2"UNF port is for a "big bore" hose as fitted by numberous firms (US Divers being one so not really oddball).
I personally with Apeks have not found that you need a big-bore hose to enhance the performance---Mine gives me sufficient air at depth when working hard (panic may be too strong a word) and that is with a 3/8" fitting on a standard bore hose 7 foot long.

If you need to use all 4 LP ports (either for routing or number of "accessories" you can buy an adapter1/2"UNF male to 3/8"UNF female in chrome plated brass from any good LDS or diveinn/scubastore in Spain over the net they had a picture in the
Regulator /accessories section if you wanted to view it-- that way you can use a standard 3/8"UNF hose.

HP ports are 7/16"UNF for info

Cheers Brian C

Just to nudge you along. I've been using the ATX50 for almost a year.... with about 50 dives on it. Flawless from easy 40' shore dives to advanced deep tech diving at over 150'. It truely is the "workhorse" of regs in my opinion. For the price, you can't beat it.

DiveInn has a great deal and excellent service.

Good Luck :D

BTW: no need for adaptors. I DONT like them at all. Just buy the proper hoses.

Back
Top Bottom