Apeks DST XTX50 and XTX40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks 2nd stage is slightly flawed make no mistake.
But it is the only brand that I am familiar with and have no issue over last 22yrs.
Oh, dear! Santa Claus needs to bring you a Scubapro Mk19/D420 for Christmas! :D:D

::end thread derailment::

Haha I think like everyone has said the rotating barrel thing is a little annoying but we all love our Apeks regs too much to let this be the one and only reason to switch over to SP. As annoying as that is I still would take Apeks regs any day over anything else.

Oh, dear! Santa Claus needs to bring you a Scubapro Mk19/D420 for Christmas! :D:D

Apeks regs have been serving me well in both rec and tec(overhead/trimix) dives. Any other brand or even brand new Apeks would have serve me no purpose.
The BEST Christmas present this year would be a hassle free entry to either Philippines or Thailand! Not going to happen!

Haha I think like everyone has said the rotating barrel thing is a little annoying but we all love our Apeks regs too much to let this be the one and only reason to switch over to SP. As annoying as that is I still would take Apeks regs any day over anything else.

Not trying to be argumentative but have you ever tried a G260 or G250V?

I'd be happy with just a nice new shiny MK19. Happier with the black tec MK19 and graphite G260 but don't think I've been well behaved enough this year, so lowered expectations. As long as I don't get COVID for Christmas I'll be happy. Stay safe folks.

I agree with Buddhasummer and Rsingler. The twisting barrel on the Apeks was dissapointing after many years using Scubapro. But rarely a real-life problem if you are aware.

I like Apeks, Scubapro and Atomic regs and own all three. For each brand there are things that one may need to work around (we mentioned the "joy" of sealing an Atomic piston in another thread). With Scubapro it is that splined hose fitting that requires me to travel with the tool.

Apeks is a great company, and when I was in a position to order two dozen regs for employees and students of a marine lab, Apeks was just better at catering to such an operation: The low cost DS4/ATX40 combo checked all boxes. Training was in the North Sea, but expeditions to the tropics, so the sealed design was good for tropics (you think our staff rinsed regs in the field?) and cold water. It kept costs low and logistics simple. My successor in that lab is still thankful for that choice.

Also, for occupational diving (means lots of rules) it was crucial for us that Apeks regs are CE-certified with Dräger or OTS full face masks. The usual Apeks regs and part kits can be O2 cleaned to 100% O2. You can order metal and plastic DIN fittings, you can get the M26 Nitrox fitting, the G3/4th oxygen fitting, and of course yoke. There are 1st stages for any hose routing you desire, and if you dive CCR, diving all Apeks just makes your life simple if you service yourself. And dive professionals in scientific diving, law enforcement etc. may take the technician course without afiliation to a recreational diving shop. Cost comparisons and requirements are different outside Europe though.

So I can definetely recommend Apeks. You all know what is being done in the tech diving world with them, so the performance and safety is out of question. I am however more impressed by how Atomic and (some) Scubapro 2nd stages are built. The latter should be the standard for new companies and new reg models to aspire to. But the other companies should look at Apeks' business model.

Hi.
I am inclined to go for and apeks dst with xtx50/40.
Was looking into buying in cascoantigo but its out of stock.
I emailed them asking for future availability and they said they are not expecting any any soon and that they suggest the equivalent TDS gull z tek.
Any idea what kind of reg this is? Can't find any english reviews about it.

Hi.
I am inclined to go for and apeks dst with xtx50/40.
Was looking into buying in cascoantigo but its out of stock.
I emailed them asking for future availability and they said they are not expecting any any soon and that they suggest the equivalent TDS gull z tek.
Any idea what kind of reg this is? Can't find any english reviews about it.

Why don't you try a different store?

Why don't you try a different store?
Hi David,
I am planning on buying from the gidviestore that you mentioned, however I was just trying to find some information about this reg brand and model.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom