Apeks SS backplate and Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly what combination of bp/w have you seen not match together?

D'oh, I was thinking about the 11 inch hole spacing.

I don't think Halcyon plates work with oxycheq single wings, and I'm sure there are some other combos that won't work, either. Of course, a STA fixes all of this.

Hey thanks for all the advice and comments, they raised some excellent points. I have gone for it but now I need to get a wing. Can anybody recommend something that works well with this setup, good quality but not excessively expensive? I have been suggested an OMS:

"One option would be the following wing ( as a cheaper option )
go to h ttp:/ /w ww. leisurepro. com, search under buoyancy compensaters, search the brand OMS, and find the item OMS single bladder without retraction bands 32 lb. lift, its not a single bladder wing it is meant to say single tank but.. don't worry it comes in black as an option unless you really want that red :) 215 U.S dollars plus 47.50 U.S for shipping. That is an option for a good quality wing at a good price.. currently that total is just under 380 n.z delivered. For your refernce in N.Z that wing would be at retail Much more."

Also I have been told that the Apeks wing is not so great as the material is thin and there is no inner bladder and so it tears easily.

Any advice/comments much appreciated.

I have used the WTX3 for singles. The current one is about 3 years old and has seen 40 dives. It has taken a considerable amount of abuse over the years. Shore diving combined with some fairly heavy surge (and clumsiness on my part) in some parts of the world have subjected some of my gear to a lot of abrasions on the rocks. Mostly while getting in and out. My WTX3 has some fairly scary looking abrasions but closer inspection revealed everything is still just fine. It’s made of thin material so its nice for travel. Mine is mounted on a WTX harness; but it’s incredibly strong stuff. It puts up with a lot of UVs as well, no bad fading. Good equipment, I am happy with the quality.

Cheers

D'oh, I was thinking about the 11 inch hole spacing.

I don't think Halcyon plates work with oxycheq single wings, and I'm sure there are some other combos that won't work, either. Of course, a STA fixes all of this.
I use a Halcyon plate and oxycheq single tank wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom