Apeks xtx50 dst/ds4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

impulse

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Does anybody know what the difference is between the apeks xtx50 dst and apeks xtx50 ds4?

Thanks...

They are pretty similar. The DST 1st stage has a turret. The block the hoses exit from can swivel. It might help certain hose configurations but I went for the DS4 as it is one less o-ring to fail, its slightly shorter, too.

......I think there's one more HP port on the DST too.

2 hp ports on each. On the new DST's there is a 5th low pressure port on the bottom of the turret. I use DST's for sidemount and the 5th port is great for doubles as well. Octo and LP inflater hoses are about 4 inches shorter since they go straight over instead of down and over

Unless they have added an additional hp port on the DS4, the one I am using has only 1 hp port and 4 3/8" LP ports.

I don't have the DST but according to Apeks website, it has 2 hp ports, one 1/2" LP port and 3 3/8" LP ports plus the new fifth port (I don't know the size of it).

Back
Top Bottom