Apple (computers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, and tc, you can run Windows on it and then run VPN client software from there. There are a few different options regarding the windoze side, Parallels and Bootcamp are the most popular.

Jeeze, I sound like a sales man! and I'm not! :rofl3:

Thanks for the help, leaning that direction due to the (frequent) return of the blue screen of death with vista.

Boot up time till it settles down enough to actually do anything is pushing 5 minutes now.

I might add great customer service too. Two MBP's one PB G4 one iBook G4 two iPhone's. Very little issues overall. One big issue with one MBP and the unit was replaced. It was 2.5 years old and under the apple care warranty.

I love my macs!

I've been a Mac user since 1987 when it wasn't cool to be a mac user :D
endured the dark ages of system 7 and the clones and even back then I could understand why anyone would use anything else...

Welcome to the bright side!

tc246 Thinking about that right now--
Anyone know if nortel has a VPN client for them?

Is there anything specific about the Nortel client that you need?
I use RealVNC and Chicken of the VNC to connect to Win and Linux servers.

Wys

Have to go in through a Nortel VPN concentrator.

Looks like Apani (sp?) might have a mac client.

In April I got a MacPro desktop for my images and a MacBook for my wife (the school teacher.)

Best technology investment we've ever made. They are excellent.

The MacBook won't stay online line. Really weird. All else is good.

I have my PC lapper around (company owned) for email and other company business. But everything personal is on my Mac.

Love it.

---
Ken

Welcome to the light. Been using Macs since the SE.

We have a Mac Pro, 15" MacBook Pro, G4 MP450, G3 PowerBook pismo, later Clamshell iBook and a teal iMac.

Gosh trying to remember when I started using MAC... I want to say '94. Played on a PC today :11::rofl3: silly kids.

Congratulations! You will not regret it. :D

IG-Dive.

In April I got a MacPro desktop for my images and a MacBook for my wife (the school teacher.)

Best technology investment we've ever made. They are excellent.

The MacBook won't stay online line. Really weird. All else is good.

I have my PC lapper around (company owned) for email and other company business. But everything personal is on my Mac.

Love it.

---
Ken

I like the MAC pics that you posted on TDS! Cool rig stuff!!!

I have been using MAC since 1997. 5 Mac's in total.

X

p.s. Is the Macbook off-line oddities coming via the wireless?

Apple - Support - Discussions - Internet, and Networking the MacBook

Back
Top Bottom