Aqualung comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently use a US Divers conshelf SE3 but I have an opportunity to pick up a SEA4. What would be the difference between these two (in layman’s terms). Looking at them, I see that the SEA4 first stage mounts differently (runs parallel to the valve instead of perpendicular, the second stages look similar –about the same size anyway) but what about the internals? Does the SEA4 breath easier? NITROX compatible, etc? What would you think is a fair price given that the owner isn’t a diver and can’t give me a lot of info on the thing?

Thanks

The se3 uses a conshelf first stage. The sea4 uses a sea first stage. I had both an se2 and a sea 4, and could tell little if any difference in breathing. Both have simple downstream seconds. If you do your own servicing, the Sea first is easier to deal with since you don't have to maintain pressure on a stack of parts when you reassemble it. Actually, not too bad once you figure it out. Except for the inlet screen (cone vs flat), most of the internal parts are the same. Both are nitrox compatible up to 40%. There are usually both on ebay, so you can get some idea of price.

They are pretty much the same internally, just layed out a little different. KH, do your self a big favor and buy the HP installation tool if you work on AL firsts...WELL worth the $15 it cost..part# 111000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom