Aqualung Legend LX or Atomic ST1 ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get your wife the legend while you use your current reg. As said, you will both be happy. The Atomics a fine reg,I own several, but if you are happy with the Legend stick with it as then both can be serviced at the same place (shops do change brands).

As for the environmental seal for the Atomics $30 is about all a shop should be charging. Yeah the lube is crazy expensive but a shop should at least be buying it in bulk and it takes all of about 5-10 minutes to install it.

PS What do golf clubs and regulators have in common? Eventually both end up in the water :D

Dude you bought one of the most expensive computers out there and it does have all the feature that would put it at that cost level. To you cheap out on the regulator the sold it to some new diver thinking he got a deal. How can you make an opinion on equipment when you are all over the place and break your own guidelines.

On the original question you can't go wrong with either regulator but if you different ones you know whose is whose.

Technically, I've bought three :) And I did so because there isn't a better computer for less money (and I need the functionality of my computer). There are better regulators than the ones being asked about that are cheaper.

The Atomic. Better made, better support, no need to take it in every year, and doesn't have the obnoxious bling factor. Oh, and the SS swivle is great.

Technically, I've bought three :) And I did so because there isn't a better computer for less money (and I need the functionality of my computer). There are better regulators than the ones being asked about that are cheaper.

Name three and hog better not be one unless somebody used it at a 1000ft like Aqualung/Apeks or when they had four divers at 100 feet and 1000psi breathing off of it as a test.

Name three and hog better not be one unless somebody used it at a 1000ft like Aqualung/Apeks or when they had four divers at 100 feet and 1000psi breathing off of it as a test.

I absolutely believe the hog regs to be better than those mentioned. I suppose you or the OP is heading to 1000 feet though (To say nothing of the stupidity that would have to be involved that results in the scenario of four people breathing off a single reg at 100'). If I absolutely had to buy a larger brand reg, I'd go scubapro.

I own both Atomic ST1's and MK25/600S's. An item to be considered is - Atomic was sold last year to Huish Outdoors. This raises the question of future service, Etc. Scubapro is the safe option IMO if Hog's are not selected...

I'm rocking the atomic myself.... LOVE it! Breaths great and it's an over all durable reg.... and who is getting charged $100 for cristolube??? You shouldn't get charged more than 30 after taxes, that's pretty bad o.0

The swivels are really nice, 1st and 2nd stage.... though most of the atomics now COME with the 2nd stage swivel, you can still buy the atomic swivel hose for whatever reg you end up going with, so I wouldn't let that be TOO much of a factor.

Honestly, if you're looking in on the aqualung side, i'd go with the Apex XTX200 or 50, depending on whether or not you want the 1st stage swivel. They're environmentally sealed by diaphram so it lasts longer, and about the most heavy duty reg out there that you never outgrow (i.e. wanting to "upgrade" a reg for different purposes like tech diving) and very decently priced

I absolutely believe the hog regs to be better than those mentioned. I suppose you or the OP is heading to 1000 feet though (To say nothing of the stupidity that would have to be involved that results in the scenario of four people breathing off a single reg at 100'). If I absolutely had to buy a larger brand reg, I'd go scubapro.

A belief is not proof and your opinion is useless since you did not answer the OP question. Also neither one of use intends on doing that dive but John Bennett did do that dive and completed. I don't know who those four guys were but they did it and they have more faith in there regulator then your belief and opinion put together.
Since we are going have to pry the answer out of you on the OP question I guess from the last part of your statement you would go with Atomic for your choice since scubapro engineers went out and created Atomic.

An item to be considered is - Atomic was sold last year to Huish Outdoors. This raises the question of future service, Etc. Scubapro is the safe option IMO if Hog's are not selected...

I find this statement to be odd. Yes, Atomic was sold but how should that affect service? It is not like they are in bankruptcy and merged with another dive company, a la Dacor. Or like Healthways that went bankrupt and became ScubaPro and whom I can not stand their sales/service policies. Huish appears to be setting themselves up in the diving industry as they have bought Atomic Aquatics, BARE, and Stahlsac. Perhaps they are planning to be similar to Johnson Outdoors which owns ScubaPro and SubGear among other companies.

I find this statement to be odd. Yes, Atomic was sold but how should that affect service? It is not like they are in bankruptcy and merged with another dive company, a la Dacor. Or like Healthways that went bankrupt and became ScubaPro and whom I can not stand their sales/service policies. Huish appears to be setting themselves up in the diving industry as they have bought Atomic Aquatics, BARE, and Stahlsac. Perhaps they are planning to be similar to Johnson Outdoors which owns ScubaPro and SubGear among other companies.

I was simply interjecting an unknown into the conversation. From other Atomic threads, a lot/most of the respected tech divers on the forum recommended sending the regs directly to Atomic for servicing with all the problems brought-up about LDS's issues with the Christolube filled 1st stages. Who knows if that manufacture service will continue. You can't go wrong with either Atomic or Scubapro.

Back
Top Bottom