Aqualung Legend LX problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i am curious, if it is the first stage seat, wouldnt that show up as IP creep when the regulator is pressurised? I was there when the lds had it hooked up and he showed me there was no IP creep.

you know what they say about clouds and silver linings...despite the hassle, at least I am learning more about how regs work! :)

Yes, you should see IP creep. I'm still curious, remove the regular second stage and plug it. How's the octo? If it's fine at least you know the problem is with the second stage

OK for the sake of completeness re this thread! ....now there was a bit of a delay in getting this report to you, since my buddy had a snotty nose last weekend and we didnt get out to dive my returned regulator until this past saturday. and what a glorious day it was, sunny and warm (for this time of year) with water temps around 47F. we got down to around 80 ffw for awhile and I put the thing through its paces: fiddled with the settings in multiple permutations, exertional breathing, out of mouth, air sharing etc and the thing performed flawlessly. now it breathes the way I remember it should: smooth, effortless, dry and with no bloop bloop bloops or freeflows!
my next task is to figure out how to get reliable, competent annual service since I certainly dont trust my LDS anymore--it is clear to me he doesnt know or care much about learning how to service these regs...and to think some of the factors that led me to purchase AL reg was that I had a local LDS to service them (burn! :11: ) and that it is a common "worldwide" brand that I can get serviced for more easily if necessary when I travel! yeesh

u4ia:
my next task is to figure out how to get reliable, competent annual service since I certainly dont trust my LDS anymore--it is clear to me he doesnt know or care much about learning how to service these regs...

Send it to tstonedvr who commented on this thread earlier. He works doing regulator rebuilds on Aqualung regs for a LDS that does tons of Legend LX rebuilds and he knows what he's doing.. He's the one I've got servicing my regulator. They've got the parts in stock to do it and can ship it back to you.

Back
Top Bottom