Aqualung Octo Help…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Golfer1633

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All. I just scored a brand new Aqua lung Legend first and second stage on eBay. It’s not the most recent legend where the three replaces the E but the LX version prior.

What would be an ideal Octo for it?

I’d like something really simple I’m terms of an Octo in case of an emergency. I’m not sure having a Venturi and pre dive and dive is necessary! What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help!

You are probably better off with a cheap new one than a used old one, which will undoubtably need servicing. For example Synchro Nitrox Octo w/Hose 3 Left! , Piranha Dive Shop |
Would there be any reason to buy an AquaLung Octo to compliment the Legend Regulator setup? Or does it matter at all. Is the one you linked above your choice for my current situation?

Would there be any reason to buy an AquaLung Octo to compliment the Legend Regulator setup? Or does it matter at all. Is the one you linked above your choice for my current situation?
It makes no difference, so long as you stay away from oddballs like Poseidon.
I'm not recommending the one I linked; it was just an example of a cheap one. You can quickly find others on eBay and clearnace sales and close-outs.
My point was that buying a used reg very likely means you need to get it serviced before you use. three goes some of the money you just saved! That's true of your Legend, too.

It makes no difference, so long as you stay away from oddballs like Poseidon.
I'm not recommending the one I linked; it was just an example of a cheap one. You can quickly find others on eBay and clearnace sales and close-outs.
My point was that buying a used reg very likely means you need to get it serviced before you use. three goes some of the money you just saved! That's true of your Legend, too.
Got it! The legend setup I bought is brand new in box. Will it require any tweaking prior to me using it?

Got it! The legend setup I bought is brand new in box. Will it require any tweaking prior to me using it?
Tweaking, hopefully not. The IP ought to be checked, abd the hoses carefully looked at especially if they had any sharp bends.

I find octos that burst into freeflow on a boat entry really annoying. So now when I get a second stage for use as an octo I look for an effective Pre dive/ Venturi system. Oddly enough I like my AL Legend Octopus. But it is wildly overpriced new. I got mine used, here on SB from Engine173 for a fair price. He seems to come up with one every once in a while.
There is a used one on ebay now, waiting for bids.
I feel better having a quality safe second. It is something that goes relatively neglected until it's called upon.

I totally agree with having a quality safe second - Just trying to figure out which is the best bet. Ill check ebay for that used one.

By best I mean the one that makes the most sense. Ive read that if you put on a different octo from the legend on the Legend first stage you can have issues with free flow... I Guess in a nut shell im just trying to figure out if I just go for the Legend LX octo or is there better choice - or is there a less expensive choice that will be as equally suitable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom