Aqualung Outlaw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "bad ass divers" approach seems a Mr. Macho attempt at marketing.

A minimalist BC does have a lot of appeal. You do not need to be an "outlaw"
to use one.

I've been diving with an old Sea Quest BCP model for years, Back mount,
just the hard back pack and wings, clean and simple.

I've been diving with a real minimalist BCD the last few years. An Oxycheq soft plate with 17 lb wing. Works well with aluminum 80's, but after several trips to Cozumel and diving with big heavy steel tanks, I miss the stability of my hard plate. Could be because I do photo/video and move in all kinds of positions to get the shot.

I can't get past the silly name.

Love the marketing on this product.

We broke all the rules with the creation of the Outlaw.

Really? I didn't know there were a written set of rules for building a BC.

Designed for the expert diver who appreciates a minimalistic approach to diving
Sorry, only "expert divers". Or wannabes.

no steel D-rings
Well I like my steel D-rings, they are really easy to clip off to.

Its unique modular connector system provides the quickest and easiest way to customize for your most comfortable fit, creating up to 27 different size configurations.
"unique"? Just another term for propitiatory, this ensures that you are locked into there products for any accessories.

Experience diving in its purest form
Wouldn't this be diving without a BC at all? Sounds more like free diving to me.

• Webbed daisy chain, often found on military gear, provides multiple attachment points for your accessories

• The tactical guys should love this!
  • Interchangeable shoulder and waist strap components:
Sure if you want to pay for Aqualungs overpriced proprietary components.
  • Standard carabineer that can be mounted on either right or left shoulder strap
Why not just put D-rings on the shoulders?

• Lower right pull dump
Jeez, God forbid you make the wing dump location match every other conventional wing out there.

I've asked politely a few times, has anyone dived the outlaw? The marketing is silly, the BC looks just fine. I only use my rear dump, I don't have much to clip off.

I've asked politely a few times, has anyone dived the outlaw? The marketing is silly, the BC looks just fine. I only use my rear dump, I don't have much to clip off.

I don't think it's actually available yet.

I only use my rear dump.

Same here but why on the right side? Every wing and BC I have seen the lower dump is on the left side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom