Aquatec horse collar BCD...anyone have an opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingairpilot

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in need of a horse collar to go with a tank pack and a double hose...and some jet fins. I don't want a horse collar, mind you...but most dive operators demand some type of BCD and the SeaQuest and a double hose just don't go together. Anyway, I found this

Aquatec Horse Collar BC BC-002 Pl-230 with reviews at scuba.com

and thought it had a "vintage look" without the crack-ly sound that has come from most vintage USD bc's that I've found.

Any opinions or options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kurt

Black is so when you drop your stuff in a tub you cant find it. This also applys to when you drop your stuff in the ocean too.
I use a rubberised Fenzy or a fabric La Spirotechnique and the only crack is my back or the bottle. Does a rebreather have a vintage look?

I've owned one of those for two years and have a bunch of dives on it. It works well and the front pocket is easily accessable. It's a good unit that will last for years. My only complaint is that the zipper will scratch my nose sometimes when I don it. I've got a pretty big mellon with a nose to match. Ha. Most people would not have a problem with that. It's a good unit.

Black is so when you drop your stuff in a tub you cant find it. This also applys to when you drop your stuff in the ocean too.
I use a rubberised Fenzy or a fabric La Spirotechnique and the only crack is my back or the bottle. Does a rebreather have a vintage look?

Depends...is it a vintage rebreather? Saw some early rebreathers at the Museum of Diving in Key Largo last week (pics in a few days when I download from the esposa's camera). Some of the early rebreathers look like true "Rube Goldberg" affairs. Personally, I'dve gone with a garden hose and clear bucket before diving an early rebreather but from what I've seen of the latest evolutions, I'd like to try one.

ka

I have one and use it at work. I like how fast you can get in action with one. I also keep a cylinder on a hard pack rigged and ready to go along with my collar on a bracket bolted to my rear doors in my work truck for rapid deployment. They are great on the surface, and not too "unstreamlined" underwater.

I dive a buddy arctic ABLJ, it has a bottle on it and a power inflator as well so ive never had a dive operator give me any problems for diving with it. I believe they where made in the late eighties but they show up on ebay alot ive noticed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom