Are Silicone Seals Available for a White's Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grover48

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am allergic to latex and am inquiring if silicone seals are available on special order for a White's Fusion dry suit.

From my understanding, the silicone seals will only work with the permanent wrist rings that allow for a quick change of the seals if there is a problem. I don't think there is any way to attach the silicone seals to the suit without the ring system, there is no glue that will work.

Greg

Thanks for the reply. That will take care of the wrists, but what about the neck seal?

I am allergic to latex and am inquiring if silicone seals are available on special order for a White's Fusion dry suit.

Ditto

Have neoprene seals installed and it will solve your problems.

That was my solution.

Neoprene will work. It is not as durable and supple as silicone. That is why I am looking for silicone.

You can buy a "zip-seal" type neck ring as an aftermarket installation for the Fusion (Dive Right In Scuba can put them in) but to my knowledge, the silicone seals to use in them aren't in general distribution yet. For the last year or so, scuttlebutt has been "next month", but no joy yet.

Aren't the wrist seals already available in silicon? I do believe they are. It was the neck seal that they are having QC issues with.

Aren't the wrist seals already available in silicon? I do believe they are. It was the neck seal that they are having QC issues with.

The wrist seals are available now. I just ordered some for my new fusion. While ordering the suit I asked Mike (of Dive Right In Scuba) about the silicon neck seals and he said they expected them within a month ... but it seems like they have been delayed several times, so not sure if that will hold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom