Are you labelled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the words "Grateful Diver" embroidered on the pocket of my drysuit. Most folks around here would know it was me ... and those who didn't would be able to match it up with the same label plastered on the back of my pickup truck ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Now available from PADI online. Fits the bill perfectly. I was wondering what I could use those for. Check current issue of sport diver.

attached to my toe. Saves the coroner some time! :tease:

It really is a good idea to have some sort of ID on you. Next year I am ordering my permanent fishing license hich will be waterproof. You have to have it ON YOU to catch bugs.

As a side note, I do put a tag on my toe whenever I go into surgery. Just something to "lighten" the mood!

I have a medic alert bracelet that is ALWAYS on my wrist. If I have to take it off (for drysuit diving) I wear the necklace instead.

Both have my member ID number plus a telephone number for contacts.

That being said, wouldn't they be able to ID the person from his buddies "missing diver" reports?

Just wondering,

~SubMariner~

SubMariner once bubbled...
... wouldn't they be able to ID the person from his buddies "missing diver" reports?

If the body was recovered right away they would be able to. But, if, as in this case the body was not recovered for quite some time, I think there might be a problem with the condition that the victim might be found in. Just my thought on the matter.

First name paint penned on all my stuff, as well.

Personal info in wetnotes is a good idea. Think I'll lift that one...

K

I wear dog tags leftover from the Army.

My tanks have my name on them in indelible ink. I've ordered large (3" X 3") letters for my back gas and smaller letters for my deco bottles.

DivingGal once bubbled...
In reading the articles associated with the body found on wreck thread, I was struck with one statement that indicated that the divers who found the victim knew it was him, as he had a belt with his last name on it.

It got me thinking -- is my equipment labelled in such a way that I could be identified should something like this happen?

I realized that although I've got various (usually small) identifying marks on some equipment, there's nothing real obvious that "shouts" my name.

I'll be changing that soon.

So my question to you is "Are you labelled so you can be identified?"

Eeuuww! If i'm dead I don't suppose I'll care much. I'll ask my wife tonight if she wants me to dog-tag my stuff "just incase". :) LOL I can see the look on her face now ....

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom