Are you wearing snorkel while SCUBA diving?

Are you wearing snorkel while SCUBA diving

• Yes

Votes: 117 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 273 62.8%
  • Other

Votes: 45 10.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends on type of dive. Cave or Rebreather dive - No. At the end of a OC quarry dive i like to snorkel the shallows looking for critters. No bubbles = See more and get closer.
Using the same snorkel bought 1973. I would buy another if they were still made like this.
photo.jpg

Is that a Voit? Healthways? I don't remember which was the "bull's eye". I can't believe my '73 Scubapro "shotgun tube" went missing. Thal has posted his Farallon tube here. Some of the freedive mfg's have put a few nice tubes out there over the years. Unfortunately, many of them are starting to look like the modern gadgets.

I use mine when ocean diving or in large lakes like Lake Michigan. I don't use it at the local quarries or springs.

I don't wear one but carry in case I have to float or swim for long periods to keep water from splashing into my mouth.

Is that a Voit? Healthways? I don't remember which was the "bull's eye". I can't believe my '73 Scubapro "shotgun tube" went missing. Thal has posted his Farallon tube here. Some of the freedive mfg's have put a few nice tubes out there over the years. Unfortunately, many of them are starting to look like the modern gadgets.

AMF SwimasterP1010002.jpg

no, but i did find mine today. i was doing some straightening from the flooding from irene and realized my smb is gone, my tray that went inside my gear box (which is a stanley plastic tool chest) is gone, but my snorkel was safe at the bottom of the box of stuff i don't use anymore! so the answer is yes, i have one - i keep it in a box in the basement.

Always, I use it when I'm on the surface. I don't waste gas when I can breath free air.

I dont use my dry snorkel for diving, just a regular tube with a splash shield over the tube end. Better for surface swims than using my air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom