Are you wearing snorkel while SCUBA diving?

Are you wearing snorkel while SCUBA diving

• Yes

Votes: 117 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 273 62.8%
  • Other

Votes: 45 10.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would rather have it when I need it,then not have one at all. Swimming distances in rough seas is quite a task without one. It has always been part of my kit.

"Living life without a hard bottom"
KT

Not a chance in hell. If im not teaching a course the moronic plastic tube stays in the box. If i am teaching a course its rammed into a pocket, stuffed up the strap for 5 seconds for the skill then returned to the pocket.
Its never EVER clipped to my mask.
When im in the UK the club rule is they aren't allowed at all for safety reasons which i like.

I don't wear one on my mask, they have contributed to my mask leaking.
I do carry a roll up style in a pocket, but I've never needed it. When I have to surface swim I float on my back so no need for a snorkle.

The biggest advocates of snorkles (for scuba) are usually the ones selling them.

-Mitch

No, I don't wear a snorkel while scuba diving. I do however take one with on the boat, surface conditions might change and more importantly you might just miss out on the opportunity to snorkel with dolphins, whales and whale sharks.

I only wear one when I'm teaching OW ... because snorkeling skills are part of the class. And when I'm snorkeling, of course. For scuba diving, I don't need it ... and therefore I don't take it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have one of thouse cheap snorkels without a sump valve in the bottom. Think its pretty confortable to have one when I´m up floating on the surface. Especially when its windy with waves. But I hate when water gets inside and you feel like coughing yourself to death..
I think it´s time to buy a better one. I read that there are snorkels that have something called a "dry walve".
They have a sort of valve at the top ho prevents water to get inside...

I have an Oceanic Ultradry Mini. It prevents most water getting in but I haven't been in open water. It always seems to float in the bottom corner of my field of vision no matter how positioned.

I have one strapped to my mask, I generally don't notice its there till I need it so I always wear it. The few times ive had to use it I have been VERY glad of it :D

I do a fair amount of shore diving and I like to have it for face down surface swims. I have used one for many many years and it really does not bother me while hanging there. However, sometimes I leave it on the boat if I am sure I have not surface swim requirement.

Cheers,
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom