As mad as it gets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...i will look for another oceanic dealer closer to home...i will give them a whirle...aint like it could be any worse than i already had happen

While I agree that the dealer is the one that messed up here, the statements about it being OK Oceanic won't reply to end users is way off base, true they may not want to directly sell you something and that is fine, but if an end user calls or emails for support and none is provided, then there is no reason whatsoever to buy that manufactures product, you cannot lay the phone calls off on your dealers as they are not the ones keeping you in business.

While I agree that the dealer is the one that messed up here, the statements about it being OK Oceanic won't reply to end users is way off base, true they may not want to directly sell you something and that is fine, but if an end user calls or emails for support and none is provided, then there is no reason whatsoever to buy that manufactures product, you cannot lay the phone calls off on your dealers as they are not the ones keeping you in business.

Just a guess, 1.000 calls / emails a day :confused:WHO is gonna answer them all:confused:

I think this is more on the dealer, the shop i work for regularly deals with oceanic and i have never had a problem with them, in fact they are one of my favorite companies to deal with because of their great customer service. Also to my knowledge but i may be wrong i dont believe that oceanic offers a drop ship service to ship directly to the customer. Like a few have said this isnt a problem with oceanic but rather the shop that you purchased your gear from, as far as not getting contacted back i have found when dealing with any manufacturer that it is easier to go with a direct phone call rather email.

Just a guess, 1.000 calls / emails a day :confused:WHO is gonna answer them all:confused:

The Manufacture better, if not its bad business, nothing worse than manufacturing products you cannot provide support for

Each manufacturer has set up a dealer network so that the dealer should be the first one contacted for support. By setting it up this way the manufacturer can keep their costs down by not having to operate a full service call center, if next year every manufacturer came out with a full service call center everyone would be happy until the following year when gear prices go through the roof to pay for that call center. In fact you can look at it this way, the dealer is set up to be the service center for the customer.

When a means is provided by the manufacture for support to all and none is provided, it is bad for business...I don't consider dealers to be service centers as being a dealer does not always guarantee that they have a technician thats been through there training to service the equipment...

Just as a point of information for all of you who are asking where the Oceanic rep is, Doug Krause usually takes care of these matters but he has been a little busy the last few days becoming a new father! I think his wife and new son deserve more attention than anyone here. If you want to get thru to someone that can take care of things in his absence give Nick Hollis a shout here in the Hollis forum. And Oceanic didn;t screw anyone over as evidenced by the OP getting his money back after a call from someone at Oceanic. Quit yer bitchin and find a new dealer. None of this was their fault.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom