As mad as it gets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quit yer bitchin and find a new dealer. None of this was their fault.

First I was not bicthing stating concern about one of their dealer that I was hoping they could help me with. As for their SB rep good I am glad he had a new baby and I have no problem with him spending all the time in the world with them. I didn’t know that was what was going on. As for the above Quote to say I am bitching is wrong and offensive.
I have read a lot of your replies on SB and had the opinion that you are a intelligent man So to say that about me is offensive.

Quit yer bitchin and find a new dealer. None of this was their fault.

Jiminy Crickets, Jim - the guy has a right to bitch! The dealer sat on his money and ignored him and he has nothing to show for it. The only way he got his money back was Oceanic playing the heavy. In the meantime, he had no gear and no money to buy gear!

The dealer ought to owe him interest for sitting on it -- even the IRS has to pay you interest if they owe you money. Frankly, if Oceanic cannot do a better job of taking care of its customers, then my money will go somewhere else.

As for the new daddy, congrats - but it doesn't forgive Oceanic for not having a finger on the pulse of their customers. Poor business practice, that.

Good God! Talk about thin skinned. When I was growing up saying what I said was taken the way it was meant. As a joke. Yeah you had a right to complain. About the dealer. Ever try to complain to General Motors, IBM, etc about a dealer. You get a nice form letter and nothing is ever done to the dealer. Oceanic responded by getting him to give your money back. You bought on layaway, absolutely nothing wrong with that. But having had to do the same thing myself before with an oceanic product by the way when I first started diving and waiting and waiting and finally it turned out that THE DEALER never ordered it. He was waiting to try and get more orders to save on shipping. As for them drop shipping i'm not surprised that it took time and that there have been issues. It is not standard procedure for them to do this. So when they do it it is possible depending on what the dealer actually ordered for things to get screwed up. The best thing is to not put anything on layaway that the dealer does not have in stock. Oceanic has dealers all over the world and like anyone else some of them are dicks. You seemed to have found one. Should Oceanic know about this? Yes, and as you've seen they took action. More than most would have done. I better start using smilies. people take things too seriously.

To whom it may concern:

I have recently purchased a full set of gear from one of your dealers in Claremore, Oklahoma, Sub-Surface Water Sports.

The owner told me that he would have all of the gear shipped directly to my house from the distributor and to call for the tracking number last Monday

The owner does not want to return my phone calls or my emails. I am new to diving but don’t think for a second I am stupid.

You said you recently purchased some gear from Sub-Surface Water Sports. You then ran into some issues and that the owner of the store said he would have it all shipped to you directly. A issue happened, you called said owner, and said owner does not want to return your phone calls, etc.

Not sure but I read all 3 pages of those post and do not see any issue as to why you would post in these forums about Oceanic doing something wrong to you. You pretty much spelled it out. It was the store owner giving you issues, not Oceanic. Yet you post here.

If I was in your shoes, and I'm not granted, I would have called the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. I would have then gone to a legal office and paid them a couple bucks on the side to get a intern to write a formal letter. Yes, it can be done for chump change if call. Also, I'd then follow up with a phone call to Oceanic to file a complaint, not here mind you; because you could have got someone at the company on the phone (which it sounds like maybe you did). Then lastly, follow up with your local news station and get them to look. They do that crap all the time.

To be brutally frank here - you posted in the wrong forum for this sort of stuff. Your post came across as something Oceanic did wrong to you when in reality it was the dealer aka owner holding up your order and money.

I'm sort of like Jim here. Why you posted here is beyond me when the issue is with the store and owner. Deal with it there until you can't - then start making the phone calls. But I honestly don't see what you expected to get by posting here.

Ok may be I didn’t do a god job of making my point clear. So right now I clarify it. I don’t Blame Oceanic for any of this. I under stand it was and is the dealer< and I will not be droning any more business with his dive shop. I the main reason I posted this hear was that the Rules said I could. I wanted Oceanic to know what one of their dealers was doing to portray their product so poorly. Now I know that I may have gone about it wrong, By placing this post be for calling, and when I called I made contact with them right away. I think all for there responses even the ones I didn’t agree with. I have read a lot of post in the last few months on SB and have Respect for a lot of the members. A lot of you go out of your way to help so thank you.

Hay Jim I most have taken my wife’s estrogen by mistake the other day :cheerleader:

The issue isn't that you do or don't have a right to complain. The issue for some is that it sounded like a trolling post. Also, one directed at Oceanic. Now - I don't have anything to do with the company and honestly only own 1 of their products, the Atom dive watch.

Your post probably should have been moved by a board admin or mod to the correct forum which is actually one level below this one. Entitled: Oceanic Dealers

You had it right, and did the right thing as you should have - it was just in the wrong place.

Just one mans opinion. I am glad it worked out and you got your money back. 5 bucks or a thousand - we can all use it I'm sure.

Peace.

The issue isn't that you do or don't have a right to complain. The issue for some is that it sounded like a trolling post. Also, one directed at Oceanic. Now - I don't have anything to do with the company and honestly only own 1 of their products, the Atom dive watch.

I didn't take it as a trolling post.... I took it as someone who was trying to order some Oceanic product, through a dealer, and got screwed...

they needed a place to vent their frustrations. I think any of us would have felt the same way... frustrated.

In this case, even though Oceanic never bothered to post here. They took care of the issue and the original poster got their money back.

Your post probably should have been moved by a board admin or mod to the correct forum which is actually one level below this one. Entitled: Oceanic Dealers

wow... I didn't even know that forum was there either, and I've been on this board for a while. Clicking on it and looking it it, it's just bustling with activity. :eyebrow:

If you read it, it is a restricted forum only for Oceanic dealers... they couldn't have posted there anyway.

Update
Well I never got my money back I but after fighting with the owner for three months I did get some of the gear I was owed. I will have to say he did do a good job on the computer it a vt3 so I am happy with that the BCD I received was an Islander I had ordered the excursion. If anyone has any reviews on the Islander let me know will it work for colder water like here in Oklahoma at winter time. I am talking to a LDS to see if I could trade it in and pay the difference. Well thanks to everyone that chimed in

Have you considered the Better Business Bureau? I ordered some boat parts locally a few years ago. After waiting a year for them and getting the run around from the company, I requested a refund. Every day, there was a new reason as to why I couldn't get a refund. Finally I filed a complaint with the BBB. My CC company immediately refunded me the money. Within a few weeks, the company refunded my bank the money. Then they (boat store) asked me to tell the BBB that the complaint was "resolved." I refused to because the issue was handled by my bank, not the company. The company was pissed off because I refused to resolve the issue with them. Ultimately, the company ended up with a complaint on their BBB record.

I won't repeat that Oceanic did nothing wrong, as I think that horse has been beat to death. If you are still having issues with this dive shop and/or future issues, consider the BBB. They may be able to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom