Ask A Cop!!! Post Your Questions Here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, Thanks guys. I'm always paranoid about this stuff...I would never drive intoxicated, but if I did, I'd probably get divorse papers on the same day. I absolutely hate the guys that have their radios up so loud it shakes your mirrors. Kudos on stopping them.

TJcop:
Brother, I think you mean there are other things that we use to build our PROBABLE CAUSE. :D

Most people dont know what we are talking about when we say probable cause. I was looking for a more layman term.:wink:

question:

two narcotic agents and a trained dog are assigned to a Greyhound station. as
the bags come out to be picked up by passangers, the dog sniffs them.

all of a sudden, the dog starts to bark and paw at a bag.

what's the name of the dog?

Hmmmm...does this have anything to do with those 2 trains, one that leaves New York at 6:07pm at 37.5 MPH and the other leaving LA at 7:17pm at 54.3 MPH....?
:D

hehehe... the name is, of course, Probable Cause

TJcop:
Hmmmm...does this have anything to do with those 2 trains, one that leaves New York at 6:07pm at 37.5 MPH and the other leaving LA at 7:17pm at 54.3 MPH....?
:D
My highschool physics teacher would use those types of problems...only it would be something like:
A plane is landing on a runway traveling 200 mph, if it decelerates 35 mph/min, and there is a cute bunny rabbit sitting 150 yrds down the runway, will it get creamed?

is it illegal to take a left turn when there are pedestrians in the crosswalk and block oncoming traffic?

Peter_C:
JDog, yes it is a 1953 Willys flatfender lengthened body, on a custom frame, axles, coilovers, etc. I am in the process of building the frame, bumpers, winch mounts, etc.

I am working on a '93 YJ myself- it will be a long term project- I want to keep it street legal for as long as possible. By the Fall I hope to have 2 Dana 60's ready to slide under the frame. I asked around how much it would cost to link the front and rear suspension, I was told anywere from $6000 to $8000. I figure I can buy the welder and parts and screw up several times before I get it right and still be ahead. Plus I can have the satisfaction of doing it myself.
Good luck on your Willys.

lamont:
is it illegal to take a left turn when there are pedestrians in the crosswalk and block oncoming traffic?

Under CA law, yes it is illegal. If the vehicle cannot safely complete the turn for some reason (such as a pedestrian in a crosswalk in the path of the turn) then the driver is not supposed to initiate the turning movement. This is assuming, of course, that the pedestrian was crossing legally.

I can only speak for CA, laws in other states may be different.

Back
Top Bottom