asked before but... newbies and fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikelegurra

Contributor
Reaction score
this has probably been asked before but, i can't seem to be able to find it in the middle of the information.

i'm a new diver and am in the process of getting my gear together. piece by piece. now is the time for fins.

my diving will be mostly vacation and week-end diving and although i plan to take an advanced (and maybe rescue diver) courses i will never go into tech diving or anything like that.

i'm looking for some fins and i keep getting back to the famous jets.
are these good for a newbie ?

i did some frog kicking in OW (my instructor prefered way of swiming around) and did it with ease, but forgot to check the fin's brand (too busy having fun...).

can someone point me in the right thread direction or offer some insight on these, and other fins ?

thanks

I learned on JetFins over 30 years ago and I still use them. Actually, I still use the same pair that I bought way back then, so they're not only good, but durable.

There has been a lot of new technology come along and I've tried some of it and always gone back to the Jets. Technical divers don't use them because there's some kind of magic associated with Jets and technical diving - they use them because there is some kind of magic associated with them.

reefraff:
I learned on JetFins over 30 years ago and I still use them. Actually, I still use the same pair that I bought way back then, so they're not only good, but durable.

i forgot to include that in my post but durability is a big question for me. buying stuff with a limited budget i have to expect things to last.

thanks

mikelegurra:
i forgot to include that in my post but durability is a big question for me. buying stuff with a limited budget i have to expect things to last.

thanks

That's good because Jet Fins are a lot cheaper than most fins.

Back
Top Bottom