Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron, does Atomic Aquatics ever plan to come out with a case for the Cobalt? I just purchased one and love it but want to keep it from getting scratched up and damaged.

Anyone know why the update download on the website has been unavailable this entire week? I live out of the country where the internet is painfully slow, so I have waited until I returned to the US to update my Cobalt that was purchased last April.

Was wondering the same thing - planned to update my wife's computer before our Curaçao trip - kinda glad I waited as their is obviously an issue.

For the guy looking for a case Pelican makes a small one that's great. About 40 bucks

Anyone know why the update download on the website has been unavailable this entire week?

We experienced a number of people having trouble both updating and uploading dives after the update- mostly the Windows flash tool, and mostly on XP. It was determined that this likely related to an older driver being used in the Atomic software. So Atomic has pushed to get the driver updated, and we're supposed to have a new version next week. Since there is nothing critical in the 1.17 update, just enhancements (and the leap year fix, which won't come around for another four years), they decided to hold off on updates to prevent users from having problems. If you have a version 1.12 or later firmware, I wouldn't worry about updating yet. If you have an earlier version and need to update before the tool is back up at Atomic, PM me with an email and I'll send you the file.

Both the Mac and Windows flash tools are in the midst of a major update that should provide broader compatibility, including Lion.

Ron, does Atomic Aquatics ever plan to come out with a case for the Cobalt? I just purchased one and love it but want to keep it from getting scratched up and damaged.
The last conversation I has they were looking at a hard case. I'll try to get an update next week.

I'm having the update problem with my computer - after the 1.17 I can no longer sync my dives. Exception errors out - :(

Can we roll back the updates if we still have the old files?

I'm having the update problem with my computer - after the 1.17 I can no longer sync my dives. Exception errors out - :(

Can we roll back the updates if we still have the old files?

Yes, there is no problem going back to an earlier version. But if you PM me with an email I can send you a new version that has fixed this problem for XP- is that what you are using?

Ron

An update from Atomic this morning that a case is definitely underway. A soft case. Sounds like a nice design, I haven't seen it yet.

Ron

Cool!

Be sure to let us know if/when it's released.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom