Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron

I am unable to download my dives to my computer from the Cobalt. Which I updated to v.1.17 on 3/5/12.

The download proceeds to about dive #19 - 22 then I get an error message "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection"

<clicking on continue>

produces no activity, download frozen at the last entry

clicking on <upload from DC> starts the download over again with "attempting to download dive 1", then I get an "exception on 00000"
clicking on <ok> gives a block with over 17 lines of error messages, starting with "db error System.Data.OleDb. OleDbException: no value given for one or more required parameters"
followed by numerous lines of similar error messages.

This has happened on all three of my PC's - Windows 7 (one upgraded from Windows XP, one upgraded from Vista and one is Windows 7 Starter.

So I am unable to down load the last three dives I made!

I would hope there is something in the works to enable the user to choose to download either the entire log stored in the Cobalt, or just the new information. Having 65 dives on my Cobalt and having to download each one every time is very time consuming, especially on the slower PC.

Ron

I am unable to download my dives to my computer from the Cobalt. Which I updated to v.1.17 on 3/5/12.

The fundamental issue is an older driver in the Atomic software. That is being addressed, and a version with updated drivers is now being checked out. Hopefully it will be posted to Atomic's website soon. But for the immediate issue, if you PM me with an email I can send you a firmware version with a patch in it that should allow downloads to proceed. It's mostly been a problem with XP, but possible in other systems as well. Diving Log uses the newer driver and has no problems downloading dives from the Cobalt.

I agree about being able to chose to download dives- that's a change that has been requested.

Ron

i just to got my cobalt dive computer in the mail today and i took it to the local pool to try it out before i go vacation in few weeks and i notice when the dive computer was under water i could see air bubble come out from the push buttons and back of the computer and when i got out of the water i shook the computer side to side and here water swishing around and coming out,, is normal on this computer and did anyone have this similar problem or is this normal i notice on the back of the computer there are vents

i just to got my cobalt dive computer in the mail today and i took it to the local pool to try it out before i go vacation in few weeks and i notice when the dive computer was under water i could see air bubble come out from the push buttons and back of the computer and when i got out of the water i shook the computer side to side and here water swishing around and coming out,, is normal on this computer and did anyone have this similar problem or is this normal i notice on the back of the computer there are vents

There is a pretty substantial airspace behind the buttons that could bubble a bit when submerged, and also behind the lower end of the battery door (where there are some vent slots) near the hose connection. The LP sensor is under this part. Is this where you saw bubbles?

I expect what you are seeing is normal- they are all wet tested before leaving the factory. If there were actually water getting into the computer body/ electronics, you would see it malfunction pretty quickly.

Ron

thanks for info ron i called up atomic they gave me rma number and told me to send it in the woman on the phone said that is not normal thanks for the quick reply back ron btw hats off to you been reading your post for the last few hours

thanks for info ron i called up atomic they gave me rma number and told me to send it in the woman on the phone said that is not normal thanks for the quick reply back ron btw hats off to you been reading your post for the last few hours
Good for them being extra careful- they have great customer service. I still expect you're just seeing air released from spaces in the external case. But I don't know exactly where you saw if coming from.

Generally if you descend and something like a camera housing is leaking, water is going in as pressure increases- but you don't necessarily see bubbles coming out.

Ron

i saw the air bubbles coming out from the side of the keypad on the up key pad and then i turn it over and seen it come out by the vents on the back i took it out of the water and gave shake back forth lightly and i could hear the water inside some place then put the back in about 1ft of water and seen the air bubbles again just little concern i guess i upgraded from the data pro 2.0 from oceanic

Ron

i just talk to jeff at atomic he said not be alarmed about the air bubbles he said what you said that there is some air gaps and said that is normal and did another test in the water and i saw the bubble come out between the hard plastic and rubber on where they meet and my next question is have heard of the program called dive log 5.0 and have used it before or no someone that used the program before is suppose to be compatible with alot of dive computers on the market today i have over 30 some dives from my oceanic pro data 2.0 and this program is supposed be able to use my old dive logs and use the cobalts dive logs also the website is divinglog.de/english/home/index.php

Diving Log 5.0 will download dives from the Cobalt directly via USB, and is much more full featured than the Atomic program. If you already have it, you can use it to log dives from the Cobalt.

Atomic has supported third party developers who want to add Cobalt downloading to their programs. Currently Diving Log 5.0 http://www.divinglog.de/english/home/index.php for Windows, and MacDive http://www.mac-dive.com/ for Macs, and soon Dive Log Manager from More mobile Software http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_Log_Manager.html all directly download from the Cobalt, and more are on the way.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom