Atomic Aquatics Cobalt Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I downloaded the software. I have Win 7, 64 bit. When I load the software it just gets stuck on the liability page and won't do anything else. I deleted and reloaded it three times and it does the same thing each time. What is wrong with the software?

I downloaded the software. I have Win 7, 64 bit. When I load the software it just gets stuck on the liability page and won't do anything else. I deleted and reloaded it three times and it does the same thing each time. What is wrong with the software?
I just opened it again (also Win7, 64 bit). It comes up with the liability screen every time it opens. If you click the "I Accept" button it should proceed to the page for setting up (or selecting) an identity. I don't routinely use Windows, and haven't heard of this particular issue before- I'd have to suspect some sort of security setting? Any of the Windows experts out there have any idea?

Ron

The problem with my screen is that there is no I Accept to hit. It's just the liability language and nothing else

Thought I'd mention I got a Cobalt as an early Christmas & just got back from a 1 week Bonaire trip. Put 19 dives on it. Haven't downloaded them yet, but used the on-screen logbook function which was very nice (my prior experience is with an Atom 1.0 & an Oceanic VT3).

Very easy to explore & modify settings; I even corrected the time of day for Atlanta time, so for probably the first trip ever my dive log times are correct!

As others have pointed out, display can be a bit hard to read in direct sun very shallow. Fine at usual depths (say, 20 to 70 feet) and great at night. As for hose length, it brought it under my left arm, around & often tucked it under my right, so I didn't find it too short. Option to recharge rather than bother trying to replace batteries (& compartment o-rings) was very nice.

Thus far, very pleased. I did get the Zagg protective shield for it; however I try to be careful, a console computer dangling from a regulator going shore diving is going to get hit on some things.

Richard.

The problem with my screen is that there is no I Accept to hit. It's just the liability language and nothing else
I think the thing to do about this is to call or email Atomic and have them refer the issue to the Windows software developer. It sounds as if, for some reason, on your system the window is not completely drawing. There should be an "I Agree" button below the language. Do you have another computer you can try this on? Win_Atomic.jpg

Ron

P.S. Several have commented that they have the same experience, that is has something to do with particular computer's graphics display, and that if you just press Enter a coupe of times the next screen will come up. Bug report has been submitted.
Ron

Last edited:

Happens on my notebook running XP but not on the desktop running XP or the one running Win7/64. I'd guess it's probably some issue with the display resolution setting. Anyway, the whole box with the "I Agree" button is actually there - you just can't see it.

Fortunately, the popup box defaults to the "I Accept" button and accepts input from the keyboard. Just hit your "Enter" key to select the non-visible "I Accept" option and the program will advance to the next page.

My Cobalt shows connected on the unit but when I go into the Cobalt-Logbook it doesn't register it as there. Any thoughts on a fix? Using Windows 7/64

My Cobalt shows connected on the unit but when I go into the Cobalt-Logbook it doesn't register it as there. Any thoughts on a fix? Using Windows 7/64

Nevermind, I just installed the software on a different computer and was able to load everything. I'll have to try to remove the program from the first computer and see if it fixes it on that one as well.

I had the same problem, but solved by using a different browser. Can't remember which way, but I think it worked using Firefox but didn't using IE.
Or Control - (minus) to shrink font.

Just a couple of notes to the Cobalt users on this thread:

We have discovered an error introduced into the date checking routine, this means if you have any firmware updates past 1.10 the year will not roll over to 2012 as it should. This has nothing whatever to do with the Mayan calendar. The quick fix is to manually change the date to the proper year- do this so your dive log will record correctly. It will work as it should next year.

Also, we have had a very few but troubling reports of firmware update failures using the Mac Lion (OS 10.7) operating system. The update works fine on apparently identical systems, but "bricks" computers on others. So I'd exercise caution and do your updating if possible on Snow Leopard or Leopard systems- these have been very solid. If an update fails under Lion it will probably be necessary to do a hard reset by removing and reinstalling the battery, and may be necessary to install the firmware while the battery is removed.

Hope all are having a great new year.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom