Atomic Cobalt 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keep in mind everyone, Atomic is the only computer on the market that has designed there computer to handle upgrades in the future. Some of the things we currently want might be in the making with a Software update

I don't think this is true, why would you make this statement? I think there are many that have this capability. I know that Liquivision has this capacity for instance, but is not the only one. For the record, I have absolutely no affiliation with any manufacturer (I'm brand new to this!). While I'm on the subject, the reason that I didn't purchase an Atomic Cobalt 2 is because they apparently have had significant reliability problems. I'm not hating on Atomic (I bought an Atomic B2/SS2), but there are several websites with really negative reviews re: the reliability. Buyer Beware.

Rockne, Of the thousands of Cobalt 2 sold there are a few negative views, you will find this on all dive computers. I own two and just ordered another for a back up for friends/family to use. The rusting of the magnets not a real deal killer they send you a new set takes two minutes to change out, they had an issue with the sender they fixed it also and stopped production while finding problem. I to am newer to diving but now have over 300 dives on Cobalts without issue to say they have a problem because of a few bad reviews (9) that I found on Amazon and Leisurepro combined out of the thousands sold is a bit of an overstatement in my opinion. But that is just my .02 cents I only own three Cobalts now. Keep up the great work, looking forward to a wrist version someday.

Don't judge a product by a few reviews, it's one thing if there where hundreds of reviews to go by.

Okay, I recently purchased the Atomic Cobalt II in-line dive computer. I have made the switch from the wrist watch Sunnto Viper Dive Computer. In short - NIGHT & DAY.

It so easy to use. I thought with the large display I would run into problems with the battery. Nope. The batter lasts a LONG time. Setting my Nitrox mixes was easy and quick. Navigating buttons in the water with gloves on - no problem.

I was sad to see that there was not out of the box software that came with the Cobalt II. Now I am looking through boards for a good MAC option. Sounds like Dive Log may be the winner only because there are not many competitors.
I have had the setup for 3 weeks and am reallyhappy with it.

There is an atomic cobalt software package but it is pc only.

Personally, I strongly recommend subsurface which is a open source project and is free. It uses the libdivecomp library to import, which is also open source.
Subsurface | An open source divelog

I think you can also do straight upload to scuba board as well, but I didn't dig on that to much and never quite got my data right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may want to look at Macdive. I use it for my oceanic computer.

MacDive

I second (and third) MacDive. It's by far the best dive log software for the Mac. And fantastic support.

Okay, I recently purchased the Atomic Cobalt II in-line dive computer. I have made the switch from the wrist watch Sunnto Viper Dive Computer. In short - NIGHT & DAY.

It so easy to use. I thought with the large display I would run into problems with the battery. Nope. The batter lasts a LONG time. Setting my Nitrox mixes was easy and quick. Navigating buttons in the water with gloves on - no problem.

I was sad to see that there was not out of the box software that came with the Cobalt II. Now I am looking through boards for a good MAC option. Sounds like Dive Log may be the winner only because there are not many competitors.
I have had the setup for 3 weeks and am reallyhappy with it.

Glad to have you on board! The Atomic dive log software, like most of those supplied by dive computer manufacturers, is limited in features. And it's Windows only. However we, the developers of the Cobalt, are Mac users, and a Mac Dive log program- MacDive- was actually the first available for the original Cobalt. We are strong supporters of the Libdivecomputer project, libdivecomputer, a library for communication with various dive computers., an open source library for dive log developers.

At this point there are a number of options for third party, full featured dive log apps that download the Cobalt directly, and more are coming. SubSurface is free and open source, the others are available at a small charge. One advantage to all of these is that they will download multiple types of computers.

MacDive --MacDive, Mac Only

Dive Log Manager --Dive Log Manager, Mac only

Subsurface | An open source divelog Cross platform- --SubSurface, Mac, Windows, Linux.

Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log ---Diving Log 6.0- Windows

http://www.divemate.de --DiveMate, hardware and software interface, Android, iOS (coming)

-Ron

What's the latest firmware available? Is it still 2.26 for the Cobalt 2?

Is the beta (2290_X) the latest? Has it been released or still testing? Is there any later beta available? Thanks

What's the latest firmware available? Is it still 2.26 for the Cobalt 2?

Is the beta (2290_X) the latest? Has it been released or still testing? Is there any later beta available? Thanks

There is a new firmware version, 2.405, that is going into newly produced Cobalt 2's. I see Atomic has not yet updated the website with this version but I would expect them to do so shortly.

-Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom