Atomic DIN connector problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Scared Silly,

We have to use DIN to Yoke adapter since all tank here using Yoke valve. We put reg into water and noticed clearly bubles come from the din connector. I will double checked again the threads condition. Thanks for your advise.

Hello guys,

As my promise I want to update and informed the condition of my regulator.

After asking here & there I decided not to buy the part from internet and try my luck with local service center here in Bali. Unfortunetely, they were also give up with the problem because they can't found the exact problem. It seems that the leaking could be from the o-ring metal base or it's also possible if there is small crack on the connector.

Then I got info from a guy that there is someone who might help me with this. He is an engineer who's running a mechanical shop and use to deal with underwater equipment. After discussed with him and looking at my regulator, he believe that the problem is on the o-ring metal base which was not smooth due to unknown problem. Then we decide to make a part to replace the din connector, and can be attached to the yoke adapter, so that my regulator become yoke. He working very precise with this, using best quality stainless steel shaft and modified my yoke adapter to become yoke connection. I have tested it in the pool and it's working well, no leaking at all. I'm very happy with his job, and for this I just paid $40 (compare to buy new part which will cost more than $90).

Thanks for all your attention & support :)

Back
Top Bottom