Attaching Kubi to silicone seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel M. Thomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi divers,

I recently had my suit overhauled and wanted to get Kubi fitted system, unfortunately my wrists diameter in the suit was too small without alterations so I opted to get the company to put latex seals back on and buy some non permenant kubi gloves that attach to the latex seal. I've found a system that will now fit to my suit and allow changable seals, I was wondering if I can attach the Kubi system to the silicone seals the same as I can with latex?

Thanks guys!

I've had Kubis (the regular system, not the fitted [i.e., glued to the suit arm] system) installed on my DUI silicone Zipseals for a couple of years now and love them. The cuff-side Kubi ring locks into the silicone seal, allowing the glove-side ring to be connected for a watertight seal. They work great!

Brilliant, I know how they work I just wasn't sure if the silicone seals would be too fragile/get damaged by the rings as in comparison to latex the silicone seals don't seem as tough.

Thanks for your help!!

Brilliant, I know how they work I just wasn't sure if the silicone seals would be too fragile/get damaged by the rings as in comparison to latex the silicone seals don't seem as tough.

Thanks for your help!!
Yep, the rings have been attached to the silicone seals for about 2 years and they are still going strong. I was concerned at first too, but they seem to have held up just fine.

Yep, the rings have been attached to the silicone seals for about 2 years and they are still going strong. I was concerned at first too, but they seem to have held up just fine.
I just picked up a set of Kubi and have the silicone zipseals - how close to the cuff are the rings installed? I currently have them as close as possible to the cuff.

I just picked up a set of Kubi and have the silicone zipseals - how close to the cuff are the rings installed? I currently have them as close as possible to the cuff.
My rings are about 1/2 inch or so from the end of the Zipseal where it attachs to the suit cuff. I wanted to give a little bit of room so the ring wasn't putting a lot of strain on the area where the Zipseal attaches to the suit.

My rings are about 1/2 inch or so from the end of the Zipseal where it attachs to the suit cuff. I wanted to give a little bit of room so the ring wasn't putting a lot of strain on the area where the Zipseal attaches to the suit.
awesome - thanks for the info

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom