Avalon Harbor Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. The CCD website says that last year 500 divers showed up. Holy guacamole !! The place must get packed. And I'll bet that most of the stuff recovered is stuff dropped by all those divers the year before. :D

Robert Phillips:
So who is going to participate in the Harbor Cleanup this year? Saturday February 26th.
Lets get a roll call and maybe we can all meet up for some crowd dives in the park afterwards.
I'm registered at Green Pier this year and I'm bringing the whole family for the day.
Robb
I will be at green pier also...lets see...this makes my 12 year running...though I had to miss one due to knee surgery...ALL BETTER.

Hope to see you guys there.

Yeah, I am at Green Pier, too! I am getting excited, as this will be the first year I have been able to go! I'll miss my son's baseball games, but no scout campouts! :eyebrow:

Sea you all there!

L

Robert Phillips:

Ok, I'm a blond. I don't get it? *twirls blond hair and smiles*

Laurel, let me see if I can explain:

He's "doin' the bump". Here are some lyrics from the song "Boogie Fever" by a group called the Sylvers that might help to explain:

"I called the doctor on the telephone
Said Doctor, Doctor, please
I got this feeling
rocking and a'reeling
tell me, what can it be, is it some new disease?

They call it Boogie fever
You got to boogie down
Boogie fever, I think it's going around

(All night long, we did the bump, bump, bump)
Yes we did, yes we did, yes we did
(We kept it going strong) doin the bump, bump, bump"

So you see, Mr. Phillips is doin' the bump. He clearly has a case of boogie fever, and has GOT to boogie down.

Someone call him a doctor.

Jim, disco still sucks! :wink:

The bump was to bring it off of page two and get it seen again.

Robert Phillips:
Jim, disco still sucks! :wink:

The bump was to bring it off of page two and get it seen again.

Jim, while I thank you for explaining, I am soooooo glad it wasn't a disco related "bump!"

Hey, I got my reg materials and little tag with green dot today!

Laurel

scubalaurel:
Jim, while I thank you for explaining, I am soooooo glad it wasn't a disco related "bump!"

Hey, I got my reg materials and little tag with green dot today!

Laurel
The tag with the dot is for the baggage transport, but you probably already knew that :wink:

Where are you diving at?

Robert Phillips:
The tag with the dot is for the baggage transport, but you probably already knew that :wink:

Where are you diving at?

Green Dot = green pier, of course :wink:

Wanna be my buddy? :07:

L

Back
Top Bottom