Avg Price for Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeavenLeigh

Reaction score
I want to make sure I don't get ripped off. Can somebody give me average range of prices one should expect to pay respectable dive operators for a 2 tank dive in Cozumel? Also, is it reasonable to assume that the more divers in a party the better the price per diver is? What about the more diving the (large) party is going to do the better the price?

Thanks for you time!

I'm going to Coz in December and staying at Fiesta Americana. Divehouse is the onsite dive OP. Since Divehouse doesn't really have a web site. (the do, but it is STILL underconstruction) I emailed them for some prices. Here is their reply:

Thank you for your e-mail requesting information about our dive center. We have two locations on the island, one in the main plaza of town and the other at the Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort. We offer two tank boat dive trips twice daily with departures at 9:00 AM and 1:30 PM. Divers are grouped on boats according to experience level, dive sites are decided upon by the divers on the boat and usually include one wall dive and one reef dive. Night dives are available on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Dive computers may be used on all dives.

Gear storage lockers, fresh water showers and gear-washing facilities are available at our Fiesta Americana location.

Dive Rates -Include tanks, weights and belts.
2 Tank Dive: $ 57.00 US
1 Tank Dive: $ 35.00 US
Night Dive: $ 35.00 US
Non-Diver or Snorkeler: $ 20.00 US

Special Sites: (Weather & experience permitting)
Punta Sur: $ 65.00 US
Maracaibo: $ 65.00 US

Equipment rental
Mask: $ 3.00 US Wetsuit: $ 5.00 US
Snorkel: $ 1.00 US Dive Light: $ 5.00 US
Fins: $ 3.00 US Dive Computer: $ 5.00 US
BC Jacket: $ 10.00 US Air Tank: $ 6.00 US
Regulator: $ 6.00 US Nitrox Tank: $ 10.00 US

The entrance fee for the Cozumel Marine Park is $ 20 pesos per person per day.

Please be assured we will always do our best to provide you with a top quality dive service. If you require any further information or would like to make reservations, please feel free to e-mail.

In the past I have used Blue XT-Sea and while their price is higher, $70 for a 2 tank, and $100 for a 3 tank, they do offer multiple days of diving for less.
Two-tank morning or afternoon
3 days $205.00
4 days $260.00
5 days $310.00

Two-tank package with one night dive
3 days $250.00
4 days $300.00
5 days $350.00

Dive with Martin has very resonable rates

Multi-day dive packages:

2 days 2 tanks 120.00US

3 days 2 tanks 150.00US

4 days 2 tanks 200.00US

5 days 2 tanks 250.00US

Days All multi-day packages include free unlimited shore diving next to our shop.

A free night dive is available with all packages.

With 4 or 5 day packages you receive a free video of one of your dives.

All some what close. Sea Urchin $55 for to tanks can work a deal if a group or many days. This guy is a independent nice boat doe's not haul cattle,and he would sometimes drive us back to apt. If you have a gruop of 5 or more you can own him for the week and go where you want. His name is Isidro he has a web page. Plus he can point you to the good food.

Thanks for the replies!! I've sent emails out to several of the dive operators mentioned.

BTW, we are a group of 6 (maybe 7) divers...and plan on diving 5 or 6 days.

I've dove with Blue Angel the past two summers and they are great. 6 divers max. to a boat. $55 for a two tank dive.

HeavenLeigh:
Thanks for the replies!! I've sent emails out to several of the dive operators mentioned.

BTW, we are a group of 6 (maybe 7) divers...and plan on diving 5 or 6 days.

With a group like that you should be able to get a boat to yourselves. Then you can dive where and when you want.

I'm about to Dive with the Cozumel Equalisers - Darwin said he charges 52/day for a 2 tank dive trip. I think it's an extra 5-10 for a night dive.

domino22:
All some what close. Sea Urchin $55 for to tanks can work a deal if a group or many days. This guy is a independent nice boat doe's not haul cattle,and he would sometimes drive us back to apt. If you have a gruop of 5 or more you can own him for the week and go where you want. His name is Isidro he has a web page. Plus he can point you to the good food.

We have been diving with Isidro of Sea Urchin Dive for 5 years...will not allow my kids to dive w anyone else...he is GREAT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom