Back To Kentucky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Jim told me that I was the fastest frog kick diver who he ever dove with.:rofl3:

Yes sir ... you were movin' that day. I stand by my words!

Where are you getting fills 5-7 min away from Joe's?

crpntr133:
Joe's is worth the trip. They have electricity in the shelter by the main gate. Fills are about...maybe 5-7 minutes away. Less if you drive 85 like I did one time to make it before they closed.

Funny, at the club pool night last week we had a velocimeter and folks could see their speed using various fins and kicks - the DM there did 2.25 mph while frog kicking! Best split fins were 1.5 mph

TheHobster:
Funny, at the club pool night last week we had a velocimeter and folks could see their speed using various fins and kicks - the DM there did 2.25 mph while frog kicking! Best split fins were 1.5 mph

As I gain more experience and improve my buoyancy control, I find myself preferring the frog kick more and more. Since I'm a former competitive swimmer, I have no issue with doing the frog kick itself unlike alot of folks. But man, my RMV went up a good .17 cfm on that dive just trying to keep up with WT (hoosier) ... from .62 to .79 cfm.

Divin'Hoosier:
But man, my RMV went up a good .17 cfm on that dive just trying to keep up with WT (hoosier) ... from .62 to .79 cfm.

I had the same problem, I have a dive buddy who can frog kick and really cruise. I like to be in an arms reach of my buddy so reaching over and grabbing ahold of his BC so he can pull me is easy and it keeps my SAC down :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Divin'Hoosier:
But man, my RMV went up a good .17 cfm on that dive just trying to keep up with WT (hoosier) ... from .62 to .79 cfm.

He must be a frog kicking fool then if you were working to keep up with him because if I understand it right he was diving dry and you were diving wet. :D

The single biggest surprise to me with the dry suit was how much it slowed me down! :11:

jpsexton:
He must be a frog kicking fool then if you were working to keep up with him because if I understand it right he was diving dry and you were diving wet. :D

The single biggest surprise to me with the dry suit was how much it slowed me down! :11:

Good point. But also keep in mind that he has alot more experience with his drysuit than you have with yours. I bet it gets to a point where you feel much more streamlined moving through the water with more experience. I can't wait to begin diving mine, but I'm also not looking forward to the initial frustration that I KNOW I'll experience.

Roadkils, 5-7 was a guess since I have never timed it. To be honest I don't even know the name of the dive shop. Everytime I go I need a refresher on directions. I know that you take the Gene Schnyder (sp) and after that I'm not sure of the exit. The dive shop sits on the corner and they have/had a parrot.

Jim drug me through BS our last dive. I was dry and he was wet. My SAC was way up. I did take my reg out of predive and I slowed down the breathing.
I'm more of a cruiser than a rocket anyway but the dry suit makes a big difference.

crpntr133:
Roadkils, 5-7 was a guess since I have never timed it. To be honest I don't even know the name of the dive shop. Everytime I go I need a refresher on directions.

It was Paradise dive shop, and I think you did do it in 7 minutes, I was in the back
of the cab holding on for dear life! :D

Back
Top Bottom