Back up tank!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

havnmonkey:
It led me to think... What would you think if you were on a dive boat and someone simply strapped a tank on their back (with a primary and an octo and an spg), fins, and mask?

BTDT a lot, but I leave the octo on the boat. Requirements for that kind of dive are solo, free ascent possible at any time in the dive plan, with no overhead and minimal entanglement possibilities. Where significant entanglements are possible and visibility is nonexistant I'll cut the SPG off the rig too (can't read it anyway.)

EACH piece of equipment has it's uses. Sometimes a component aids diver safety, other times the SAME piece of gear can be a significant hazard. Take and use what you need for the dive planned, leave the rest of the stuff on the beach.

Minimal dive gear for SCUBA is a filled tank, ~15' of line (makes a "backpack" with 3 rolling clove hitches and a spanish windlass), and a reg with one first and one second stage. All else adds either convenience or (sometimes) safety.

FT

Back
Top Bottom