Backing up in Split Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is the technique for backing up in Scuba Pro's split fins any different than what is shown on 5th Dimension's web site.

This is 1 fin kick I have yet to succeed in.

Thanks,

Jason

Let us know..
in the meantime, use your hands.
Rick

I have never tried it in splits but I haven't got it yet either and those that I know who have say it took alot of practice for them also.

Good luck

Chad

I have heard people say they could do it. But, I have never witnessed it. But, then again I can't do it in Jets.....yet.

Chad

Split fins are garbage. Scuba pro has skids full of them that they can't sell.

Master Chief

Master Chief once bubbled...

Master Chief

Actually I have used them in pools several times and found them to be very comfortable. I think that if you are doing reef dives they are fine and might be more comfortable for many people. However, they do take some more thought as they will stir the silt quite well if you aren't paying attention to what you are doing.

As for SP not being able to sell them...it definately ain't a lack of marketing.

I couldn't disagree more.

During my training sessions I've used Scubapro Jet split fins and the more traditional style fins and find that the split fins are easy to kick and offer me good control.

I had to do my 30 foot CESA with standard fins and hated it. I would have done much better with the split fins.

Master Chief once bubbled...

Master Chief

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom