Backplate and Wing Round Table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use quick-release weight pockets attached to the BP, no weight belt and I also use 2 small trim pockets to distribute weights.
It is not reccommended, but you could have a pull exhaust valve instead of the standard corrugated elbow, is it suitable for you ?

QUESTION: What are the choices when it comes to 60 lbs wings for double tanks? Which one would DRIS feel most confident in recommending?

The extra stuff that goes along the waist belt made it harder to use quick-release weight pockets, so I recently removed the entire cinch system.

How so? The quick release pockets attach to the cinch plate and the waist belt slides through a loop on the back of the weight pocket. This lets you adjust the harness without moving the weight pockets.

It's basically the same as if you were just using weight pockets without the cinch.

I use these, they work on any back plate, they work very well. I use them on my DS rig.

IMG_2099.JPG

Those do what the Halcyon cinch does- create a larger "post" around which the webbing goes, making it easier to slide the webbing without it getting stuck.

The differences is that in the Halcyon cinch, those pieces are bolted in place as part of the cinch plate and the cinch plate has places to attach accessories like weight pockets.

Last edited:
I use these, they work on any back plate, they work very well. I use them on my DS rig.

View attachment 386369
Where do these come from? The Halcyon cinch plate is made to fit their backplate, which is not what I have.

i think the agir harpa is the best system, simple and easy to use. too bad it is so hard to get and relatively expensive for a funky dring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom